1 reply to this topic

#1 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

Looks like I have a 3D show coming up. Is there any way to focus two lenses with one BFD? Could it be as simple as setting both recievers to the same channel and calibrating them exactly the same? Or maybe driving two motors from one receiver or linking two receivers somehow?

Jim?

~Jess

#2 JimBartell

JimBartell

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 496 posts
  • Long Beach, CA, USA

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Looks like I have a 3D show coming up. Is there any way to focus two lenses with one BFD? Could it be as simple as setting both recievers to the same channel and calibrating them exactly the same? Or maybe driving two motors from one receiver or linking two receivers somehow?

The BFD can control two motors with one handset. However, since the motors use potentiometers for position control, variations from unit to unit can induce enough error to cause problems. So we do not say it can be used this way because we don't want anyone to be unsatisfied. However, one customer had 6 motors and he said 4 were exactly the same and 2 weren't, so it is theoretically possible. We are looking into instituting a selection process so we can pick identical motors for this application.

Jim "I promise nothing" Bartell

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

IDX

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Teradek

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

SkyDreams