Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Australia ,New Zealand

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

Hi every one
Have a look at the link below Larry McConkey talks about his approach to the shot .That would have been a great workshop to be part of .A BIG thankyou to Afton for an outstanding web site .
http://www.steadisho....cfm?shotID=304
Louis Puli

#2 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

... and I thank you both... really great to look at... EXPLANATORY and really beautiful shot, just perfect from all point of view, begging to end through the stop at the elevator... and how he goes out from that angle in the elevator... no words

#3 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

Those of us who were fortunate enough to be helping teach that workshop were constantly looking at each other and shaking our heads at the anecdotes and techniques that Larry shared that week. I think we may well have gotten more out of it than the students! One of them took this footage and I begged to make a copy--came across the 8mm tape last year and thought it was worth combining with the actual footage and sharing with everybody. I also use it as part of the 2-day Steadicam Guild Master Class I teach from time to time, along with a number of other McConkey classics. To me the kind of focus, ingenuity, attention to detail and political savvy that Larry embodies is hugely inspiring.

#4 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:43 AM

well... I hope sooner or later to attend a workshop like that...

#5 Louis Puli SOC

Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Australia ,New Zealand

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

Those of us who were fortunate enough to be helping teach that workshop were constantly looking at each other and shaking our heads at the anecdotes and techniques that Larry shared that week. I think we may well have gotten more out of it than the students! One of them took this footage and I begged to make a copy--came across the 8mm tape last year and thought it was worth combining with the actual footage and sharing with everybody. I also use it as part of the 2-day Steadicam Guild Master Class I teach from time to time, along with a number of other McConkey classics. To me the kind of focus, ingenuity, attention to detail and political savvy that Larry embodies is hugely inspiring.

Hi Charles
I would just like to THANK YOU Charles for making the effete to put it all together for the world to see .I also have been showing the clip to film /steadicam students the footage of how Larry is able to expand on the directors vision and working with the actors to make the shot work for everyone .

GOLD Charles
Thank you again
Louis Puli Australia .

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Varizoom Follow Focus

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

IDX

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

SkyDreams