• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chris reynolds

chris reynolds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:54 AM

Watched Star Trek yesterday and noticed a lot of steadicam shots (done extremely well by Colin Anderson). I couldn't make out if an AR was used or if there was a lot of quick editing between Steadicam shots and crane/dolly shots?

Does anyone know if the AR was used?

regards

chris

#2 Lawrence Karman

Lawrence Karman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

No AR. They had lots of Technocrane work too.

#3 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

Watched Star Trek yesterday and noticed a lot of steadicam shots (done extremely well by Colin Anderson). I couldn't make out if an AR was used or if there was a lot of quick editing between Steadicam shots and crane/dolly shots?

Why do you think it was an AR (Which it's not)?

#4 chris reynolds

chris reynolds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

i seem to remember quite a few running shots around the Enterprise and the camera went from low mode to high mode extremely quickly.

Just wondered!!

regards

chris

#5 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

i seem to remember quite a few running shots around the Enterprise and the camera went from low mode to high mode extremely quickly.

Just wondered!!

regards

chris

I wouldn't say that it went from high to low, But the set is multilevel so that might be what you are thinking is a high to lo switch

#6 chris reynolds

chris reynolds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

Just wondered!!

regards

chris

I wouldn't say that it went from high to low, But the set is multilevel so that might be what you are thinking is a high to lo switch

No, sorry, its not what i meant. I mean in the corridors leading up to the bridge, so same level running shots. I guess if there was no AR on the shoot, then thats my question answered.

cheers

chris

I guess if

#7 Matt Petrosky

Matt Petrosky

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 190 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, Colin Anderson, Andrew Rowlands (2nd Unit), and all the camera folk really rocked it out on this one. Some nice stuff, great energy without being overly-shaky or distracting.

Bravo!

-Matt

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

IDX

Ritter Battery

Engineered Cinema Solutions