#1 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

SRW9000

can't wait for single chip / PL mount version next year......

#2 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

You are kidding, right?

The SRW-9000 is the proof that Sony hates us. With the F23 and F35 at least they gave us the choice. What now?
I know, Michael Bravin said at the BandPro booth that that is like the A-camera... but how many time did you in fact fly the A-cam as it's just one shot and we didn't anticipate using it on steadicam... bla, bla, bla...

Check the picture... F-900 all over again... just with the added width of the F23/35 body...

Good times are coming....

Attached Files

#3 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:57 AM

SRW9000

can't wait for single chip / PL mount version next year......

It's not a single chip nor a PL mount, it's a F23 front end and SWR1 recorder in a marriage made in hell and spawning a camcorder

#4 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hi Eric/Erwin,

of course it was a joke, but Sony seems to be following these steps (F23/F35), so I would not be surprised if they show a PL mount single chip version next year. I think it was one of the reasons why they did not do a camcorder version of the Genesis, it was technologically impossible to do six or seven years ago, when they started the projects, we'll see.

Jens

"The SRW-9000 is the proof that Sony hates us"
Do you really think the engineers in Sony's Japan lab give a flying poop about us?
See the Arri HD video tap (no composite output), one phone conversion with any "real world" person, assistant or Steadicam Operator would have saved us/them a lot of headache in the future.........

#5 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hi Eric/Erwin,

of course it was a joke, but Sony seems to be following these steps (F23/F35), so I would not be surprised if they show a PL mount single chip version next year. I think it was one of the reasons why they did not do a camcorder version of the Genesis, it was technologically impossible to do six or seven years ago, when they started the projects, we'll see.

Jens

"The SRW-9000 is the proof that Sony hates us"
Do you really think the engineers in Sony's Japan lab give a flying poop about us?
See the Arri HD video tap (no composite output), one phone conversion with any "real world" person, assistant or Steadicam Operator would have saved us/them a lot of headache in the future.........

just as predicted...here it is....

http://www.sonyinsid...r-and-pl-mount/

http://www.sony.co.u...&site=biz_en_GB

#6 Benjamin Treplin

Benjamin Treplin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 298 posts
  • Berlin - Germany

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

Jens,
ARRI tried to build in a Downconverter but the power supply for the videotape couldn't handle the aditional load. That's why there is no composite output.

#7 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

according to Sony specs the body weighs 14.5 lbs and is 5 7/8 X 8 3/8 X 13 inches long. That is shorter and lighter than the F35 with the SSR or OB1 deck by several lbs. A naked F35 body with the SRW deck on it is 26 lbs. Yes 6" is kinda wide but I bet it's not that different from the LW2 or the panavision 400' mags.

rb

#8 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

according to Sony specs the body weighs 14.5 lbs and is 5 7/8 X 8 3/8 X 13 inches long. That is shorter and lighter than the F35 with the SSR or OB1 deck by several lbs. A naked F35 body with the SRW deck on it is 26 lbs. Yes 6" is kinda wide but I bet it's not that different from the LW2 or the panavision 400' mags.

rb

Power consumption:

maybe it's time to ask Terry to make y-cables with a 4-pin XLR connector....?

#9 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

rb

Power consumption:

maybe it's time to ask Terry to make y-cables with a 4-pin XLR connector....?

I had one made up a few years ago -- a good backup to have (though when tested with a volt meter, about 3/4 volt is lost in the xlr connectors vs the standard y-cable straight to F35 lemo). According to the Sony it draws about 4 amps while recording (the same listed draw as the f35 body) so at least on paper it doesn't seem too bad to me.

rb

#10 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

Guys,

I had the opportunity to fill in for the talented Maceo Bishop on "Lights Out" for several days with this camera. I have to say that it actually flew very well. We even had on the Zeiss short digi-zoom which may have been a good thing since the camera is a bit back heavy (come to think of it, we went to primes too and I did not have to move the plate). A bit long with the zoom but that makes for those extra solid pans. Didn't have to lug it around for any long walk & talks - just lots of dancing on sets. Loved it actually.

IDX

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

SkyDreams