• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Young

Jason Young

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

I have a small issue with my new Merlin. It has this slight shutter as walk with it. The shuttering seems to occur on cue with my feet. See video:

Does the vest/arm make a huge difference? I'm considering buying one.

#2 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

Jason,

First, please change your display name (under "My Controls" in the upper right hand corner) to your real first and last name as that is our policy (you can then put your company name in your profile and signature).

What you are seeing is vibration that is most likely from the mounting of your camera. Check that the camera has no wiggle when mounted to the Merlin. You may need a small rubber wedge or a tape ball, etc to prevent this. Also, make sure any in camera stabilization IS TURNED OFF as this will "fight" you sometimes and cause less than desirable results.

Good luck.

#3 Jason Young

Jason Young

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Thanks. Well, the little peg that stops the camera from rotating left to right on the plate fell off. Maybe that is what is causing some vibration. I'll replace it right away.

J

Jason,

First, please change your display name (under "My Controls" in the upper right hand corner) to your real first and last name as that is our policy (you can then put your company name in your profile and signature).

What you are seeing is vibration that is most likely from the mounting of your camera. Check that the camera has no wiggle when mounted to the Merlin. You may need a small rubber wedge or a tape ball, etc to prevent this. Also, make sure any in camera stabilization IS TURNED OFF as this will "fight" you sometimes and cause less than desirable results.

Good luck.

#4 Sam Morgan Moore

Sam Morgan Moore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:02 AM

Are you using the little GZ bolt that screws up under the lens to make extra rigidity ?

Also everything must be tight - accesories like microphones must not be wobbly

S

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies

SkyDreams

IDX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Teradek

Omnishot Systems