2 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Veto

Ron Veto

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 49 posts
  • Los Angeles, California

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

Good Day! Since it's slow for me now, I have the time to organize computer photos and material. But I have a couple issues now. I'm looking for a Mac technician. Someone who can help me with computer health. Someone who won't talk a thousand words a second. Someone who is versed in film elements and preping to a web site. And hopefully someone who is patient and won't charge $100.00 per hour while we load my material. I've had it with Geek squad.I just had two Lacie Drives fail and I need to retrieve and possibly start over with my hard drive. I live in the San fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. Any leads on a honest person would be great. I don't mind paying for service but I don't want to be taken.I feel so helpless outside of basic Photoshop. I tell myself I know how to drive a car but can't rebuild engines myself any more. But it doesn't help me from feeling helpless. Thanks Everyone, Ron Veto

#2 Louis Puli SOC

Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

Hi Ron
I am new to mac but I have found the one on one/workshops run by the Mac stores are great. I can bookin any time I have a problem fixed/ change what ever done and the help has been worth the $100 per year. Coming from a pc background Mac's are a dream to work with . http://www.apple.com/retail/thegrove/ Mac store in LA
Good luck
Louis Puli B)

#3 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2208 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

I have good news and bad news: I have a great MAC IT guy who has pulled me out of a few scrapes and is a good guy. The bad news is that he is out of the country for a couple of months. I'll repost when he is back around.

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

Camera Motion Research

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC