Photo

New charger from Anton/Bauer.....oooooppss?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 141 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Rumor has it that Anton/Bauer will release a 4-position fast charger at NAB. I got my information from a pretty reliable source...........:)

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Rumor has it that Anton/Bauer will release a 4-position fast charger at NAB. I got my information from a pretty reliable source...........:)

Simultaneously or sequential?

Does this "Insider" have any more details? LOL

#3 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 141 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

Simultaneously or sequential?

Does this "Insider" have any more details? LOL

Oooppsss. Sorry, this is a SIMULTANEOUS charger!!!!

#4 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

I know it's early to bug you with detailed info... but would that be an addition to the charger line up or a replacement?

I own two 2702's and a TWQ... so as the TWQ is a "dumb" simultaneous charger but only at 50 watts and the 2702 is a "smart" sequential charger but at 70 watts... I assume that the new charger would be a smart charger with display charging at 70 watts or more and simultaneous?

Having owned the chargers for a while if you put 4 depleted batteries on each charger (2702 and TWQ) they will have 4 batteries ready and charged at literally the same time...

Just asking,

Erwin

#5 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 141 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

I know it's early to bug you with detailed info... but would that be an addition to the charger line up or a replacement?

I own two 2702's and a TWQ... so as the TWQ is a "dumb" simultaneous charger but only at 50 watts and the 2702 is a "smart" sequential charger but at 70 watts... I assume that the new charger would be a smart charger with display charging at 70 watts or more and simultaneous?

Having owned the chargers for a while if you put 4 depleted batteries on each charger (2702 and TWQ) they will have 4 batteries ready and charged at literally the same time...

Just asking,

Erwin

Erwin,

I knew there was at least one reason that I liked you! Your pretty smart!!! LOL!

The QUAD 2702 is a fast charger, but Sequential. The TWQ is simultaneous, but a bit slower. If you put them side-by-side, and charge them, they will all be done at the same time. But, if you need a battery charged right away, then the QUAD 2702 would be the charger. Now with the new charger, I will be as fast as a QUAD 2702, but will charge all four batteries in that same time period.

As for other features, like all Anton/Bauer chargers, it will be smart, but it will not have an LCD or discharge feature. It will have a 70w AC power supply on it and a few other nice features which i can't discuss until NAB.

Will I be enjoying your company at NAB?

Paul

#6 Matt Petrosky

Matt Petrosky

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 190 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

As for other features, like all Anton/Bauer chargers, it will be smart, but it will not have an LCD or discharge feature. It will have a 70w AC power supply on it and a few other nice features which i can't discuss until NAB.

From this description it sounds like a the TWQ is getting replaced by a faster, more powerful, more feature-laden version?

Anyone in the market for a used, but in great condition TWQ? ;)

-Matt

#7 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

Will I be enjoying your company at NAB?

Paul

... And a few other nice features... yeah, yeah...

Now I will have to, I guess.

See you in Las Vegas,

Thanks, Paul.

Erwin

#8 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:09 AM

There we go the TM4.. the newest charger in the T-series.

Simultanious charging and dedicating 70 watts to each battery versus 70 to all four...

Has a new design and it has grown... but not bad for a 280 watt charger... it's an addition and not a replacement, so you will still be able to pick up the TWQ... her some pix.

And then I'll start a separate thread on the next generation chargers... including solar....

#9 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

I guess not... it just told me that I have no more space to upload pictures...

Oh well so much from me then....

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Omnishot Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

The Moses Pole - Steadicam Monopod

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Varizoom Follow Focus