Photo

New charger from Anton/Bauer.....oooooppss?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Rumor has it that Anton/Bauer will release a 4-position fast charger at NAB. I got my information from a pretty reliable source...........:)

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Rumor has it that Anton/Bauer will release a 4-position fast charger at NAB. I got my information from a pretty reliable source...........:)

Simultaneously or sequential?

Does this "Insider" have any more details? LOL

#3 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

Simultaneously or sequential?

Does this "Insider" have any more details? LOL

Oooppsss. Sorry, this is a SIMULTANEOUS charger!!!!

#4 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

I know it's early to bug you with detailed info... but would that be an addition to the charger line up or a replacement?

I own two 2702's and a TWQ... so as the TWQ is a "dumb" simultaneous charger but only at 50 watts and the 2702 is a "smart" sequential charger but at 70 watts... I assume that the new charger would be a smart charger with display charging at 70 watts or more and simultaneous?

Having owned the chargers for a while if you put 4 depleted batteries on each charger (2702 and TWQ) they will have 4 batteries ready and charged at literally the same time...

Just asking,

Erwin

#5 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

I know it's early to bug you with detailed info... but would that be an addition to the charger line up or a replacement?

I own two 2702's and a TWQ... so as the TWQ is a "dumb" simultaneous charger but only at 50 watts and the 2702 is a "smart" sequential charger but at 70 watts... I assume that the new charger would be a smart charger with display charging at 70 watts or more and simultaneous?

Having owned the chargers for a while if you put 4 depleted batteries on each charger (2702 and TWQ) they will have 4 batteries ready and charged at literally the same time...

Just asking,

Erwin

Erwin,

I knew there was at least one reason that I liked you! Your pretty smart!!! LOL!

The QUAD 2702 is a fast charger, but Sequential. The TWQ is simultaneous, but a bit slower. If you put them side-by-side, and charge them, they will all be done at the same time. But, if you need a battery charged right away, then the QUAD 2702 would be the charger. Now with the new charger, I will be as fast as a QUAD 2702, but will charge all four batteries in that same time period.

As for other features, like all Anton/Bauer chargers, it will be smart, but it will not have an LCD or discharge feature. It will have a 70w AC power supply on it and a few other nice features which i can't discuss until NAB.

Will I be enjoying your company at NAB?

Paul

#6 Matt Petrosky

Matt Petrosky

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 190 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

As for other features, like all Anton/Bauer chargers, it will be smart, but it will not have an LCD or discharge feature. It will have a 70w AC power supply on it and a few other nice features which i can't discuss until NAB.

From this description it sounds like a the TWQ is getting replaced by a faster, more powerful, more feature-laden version?

Anyone in the market for a used, but in great condition TWQ? ;)

-Matt

#7 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

Will I be enjoying your company at NAB?

Paul

... And a few other nice features... yeah, yeah...

Now I will have to, I guess.

See you in Las Vegas,

Thanks, Paul.

Erwin

#8 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:09 AM

There we go the TM4.. the newest charger in the T-series.

Simultanious charging and dedicating 70 watts to each battery versus 70 to all four...

Has a new design and it has grown... but not bad for a 280 watt charger... it's an addition and not a replacement, so you will still be able to pick up the TWQ... her some pix.

And then I'll start a separate thread on the next generation chargers... including solar....

#9 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

I guess not... it just told me that I have no more space to upload pictures...

Oh well so much from me then....

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

BOXX

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek