#1 Jerry Franck

Jerry Franck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 123 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hi,

I'm looking into buying a Clipper 324 and have some power distribution questions:

let's say this is the package: RED camera + aja downconverter + titan transmitter + preston FIZ

The steadicam would be Clipper 324 with an UltraBrite 2 monitor.
How would you go about to power all of this correctly and not harm any of your equipment?

Thanks,
Jerry

#2 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 737 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

Hi,

I'm looking into buying a Clipper 324 and have some power distribution questions:

let's say this is the package: RED camera + aja downconverter + titan transmitter + preston FIZ

The steadicam would be Clipper 324 with an UltraBrite 2 monitor.
How would you go about to power all of this correctly and not harm any of your equipment?

Thanks,
Jerry

There's a method of paralleling the batteries so you get 14.8volts for everything, with plenty of watthours and no worries about amps. (same system, essentially, as the Ultra 2 and I have flown the RED with a similar complement of accessories). Specifically, in the stage there are separate power ports for the transmitter, camera, and Preston, and a power port in the base for the aja (or you could run it from the camera, perhaps?).
Jerry

#3 Jerry Franck

Jerry Franck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 123 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Hi Jerry,

thanks for the quick reply.
I would have to power the AJA from the stage because I need it close to the transmitter because that one won't sent an hd signal. So maybe I need to power it from the RED body actually because I would be running out of plugs on the stage, right?
But I read somewhere in this forum that powering stuff from the camera when that one is itself powered by the sled will sometimes damage the camera. Blow a fuse or such. Is that true? Do you know anything about that?

Thanks again,
Jerry.

Edited by Jerry Franck, 24 February 2009 - 11:15 PM.

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Teradek

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies

Engineered Cinema Solutions

IDX

Paralinx LLC

SkyDreams

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery