#1 RobertPatzelt

RobertPatzelt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hello everybody.
I`m going to buy a new rig and have to deceide if i`m going to configure it with PAGlog mount Batterys ( what`s recomended by the manufactor) or with V-Mount Batteries what are more popular write know. My Question is if someone has experience if the v-mount Bats. goes a bit " lose" after a while !? ( That`s happend by the aton bauer mounted batteries after a while) or did the V- Mount stays " Rock Steadi" like the PAGlok mount ?.
Thangs a lot for an answer and for everyone a succesfull and entertaining upcoming 2009.
Robert Patzelt
( excuss my mistakes in Englisch please)

#2 Jaron Berman

Jaron Berman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 104 posts
  • LA, CA

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:08 AM

Hello everybody.
I`m going to buy a new rig and have to deceide if i`m going to configure it with PAGlog mount Batterys ( what`s recomended by the manufactor) or with V-Mount Batteries what are more popular write know. My Question is if someone has experience if the v-mount Bats. goes a bit " lose" after a while !? ( That`s happend by the aton bauer mounted batteries after a while) or did the V- Mount stays " Rock Steadi" like the PAGlok mount ?.
Thangs a lot for an answer and for everyone a succesfull and entertaining upcoming 2009.
Robert Patzelt
( excuss my mistakes in Englisch please)

Never had any issues with looseness with V-mounts. The issue I HAVE heard of is that if you hit the bottom of the battery hard enough on something/someone (oops), the battery CAN pop off. Depends on the brand of battery and brand of plate. actual IDX batts/plates less than off-brands.

The advantage to V-mounts is that there are a lot of manufacturers making batteries and accessories for the mount - the WEVI hd transmitter as an example. And if you like PAG batteries, which are excellent, you can get them in V-mount as well. If you don't mind PAG's prices (which have come down substantially), their chargers are in my opinion the best you can get. V-mount gives you a lot more options for compatibility, from Sony to IDX to PAG batteries to Tiffen's Powercubes to the tons and tons of brands of knock-off lithium-ion V-mount batteries that seem to be everywhere. My 2c - go with what's easy to get replacements anywhere....and right now V-mount gives you that PLUS the excellent powercubes. Soon it sounds like anton will have a competitor to those but for now, V-mt all the way.

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Engineered Cinema Solutions

BOXX

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

SkyDreams

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC