• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

I have a Steadicam efp. I bought 2 Hytron 100’s but they do not fit. I eventually plan on making a bracket to make it a 2 to 3 battery system but, that probably won’t happen for at lest 6 months. I’m thinking about trading in the 100’s for the Hytron 50’s. Apart from the weight issue, is there any other reason not to go that wrought? All advice is greatly appreciated.

#2 pauldudeck

pauldudeck

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts
  • Shelton, CT

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

I have a Steadicam efp. I bought 2 Hytron 100’s but they do not fit. I eventually plan on making a bracket to make it a 2 to 3 battery system but, that probably won’t happen for at lest 6 months. I’m thinking about trading in the 100’s for the Hytron 50’s. Apart from the weight issue, is there any other reason not to go that wrought? All advice is greatly appreciated.

Andre,

Another major difference that you will see is the life of the battery. The HyTRON 50 has an estimated life span of (2) two years, whereas, the HyTRON 100 is between 3-4 years. I am sure that quite a few guys on here will tell you that their batteries do last more than 2-3 year though.

The other disadvantage of the HyTRON 50 is that the maximum load is only 7amps, again, whereas the HyTRON 100 is around 12 amps.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Paul

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

IDX

PLC - Bartech

Teradek

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Engineered Cinema Solutions