• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mathieu Charest

Mathieu Charest

• Sustaining Members
  • 5 posts
  • Montreal,Quebec

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

I am thinking about purchasing V-mount Batt....

There is so many choice,price and power spec out there... Unfortunately,i don't have budget to purchase the top quality(Power Cube)!!! I came across two type of battery,that may give me the power i need...Maybe someone could give me a cute,the B4B m-4080 and IDX E-10S are they strong enough for high amp cam like 435 arri and High speed work...

www.batteries4broadcast.com

Thanks for your time!!!

Mathieu
cinemat2006@msn.co

#2 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 737 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

Mathieu-

from their specs, a single one of these batts has a max of 5.4 amps or so, and this isn't enough to drive a 435. Two batteries in parallel might do it, but the startup current at 150 fps may be briefly 19 amps... and this might not be so good for these batteries. Alas, the only way to test it is to buy some batts and see if they fail... (A single PoweCube can handle 10 amps continuously and more than 20 amps very briefly without damage - very different Li-Ion cells inside).

Jerry

There is so many choice,price and power spec out there... Unfortunately,i don't have budget to purchase the top quality(Power Cube)!!! I came across two type of battery,that may give me the power i need...Maybe someone could give me a cute,the B4B m-4080 and IDX E-10S are they strong enough for high amp cam like 435 arri and High speed work...

Thanks for your time!!!

Mathieu
cinemat2006@msn.co

#3 Mathieu Charest

Mathieu Charest

• Sustaining Members
  • 5 posts
  • Montreal,Quebec

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

Mathieu-

from their specs, a single one of these batts has a max of 5.4 amps or so, and this isn't enough to drive a 435. Two batteries in parallel might do it, but the startup current at 150 fps may be briefly 19 amps... and this might not be so good for these batteries. Alas, the only way to test it is to buy some batts and see if they fail... (A single PoweCube can handle 10 amps continuously and more than 20 amps very briefly without damage - very different Li-Ion cells inside).

Jerry

Thanks for your time!!!

Mathieu
cinemat2006@msn.co

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery