2. This place is only for steadicam products or any higher brand system
3. Anything under the cost of a steadicam or higher brand system will be responded in the same manner - Buy a steadicam system or higher brand system.
4. Do not expect a Steadicam operator or higher brand operator to respond with an answer like - 'Buy a Flycam 6000/9000, Basson, L'aigle or the sort, instead of a steadicam or higher brand system.
5. Do not expect an answer to be anything other than a steadicam system or higher brand.
6. Like many other members have said. This forum was made for the operators in the professional world or upcoming operators with steadicam operating ambition.
7. This forum was not intended or created for anything low-budget.
8. Do not ask the same question hundred times when you cannot be bother to do a search.
9. If you expect the pros here to give you better judgment than to not expect them to recommend something you definitely can afford just to be able to fly a rig. The experiences here are based on many years of hard work and practice. Most major operators have not tried any of the lower brands...After why go for the least when you can get started with the best
10. One major respond to all newbies is - TAKE A WORKSHOP!!! You will definitely see the difference and understand the performance of these brand systems everyone is talking about.
11. Steadicam and higher brand system cost a lot but for what they can do you will understand why.
12. If you want to know more about the cheaper system, then please visit: DVinfo.net , HBS board. This way there is a little of everything that will satisfy the curious minds.
13. If you cannot afford these brand systems then wait and save up for them.
14. If you need one for anupcoming shoot, then rent one.
Edited by Charles King, 18 January 2009 - 11:02 AM.