Edited by Andre Trudel, 16 January 2009 - 01:15 PM.
Hytron 100’s dose not fit...
Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:07 PM
Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:52 PM
I just bought 2 Hytron 100’s for my steadicam efp rig but they don’t fit. Did Anton Bauer change the battery case? I believe the older hytron 120’s worked just fine. What batteries are you using on your efp these days? I apologies if this topic has been covered but, I came up with nothing efp specific when I did a search. Thanks.
AB changed the battery casing by just enough to not fit the battery between your battery cage. You have two options, peel the little plastic sticker things on the top and bottom of the battery off, which is what AB suggests, to make them fit or lower your battery cage to accommodate all the other batteries available. I opted for the later of the two.
But I always wondered if you turned your battery mount 90 degrees would it fit within the confines of the cage? . . .Hmmmm
Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:43 PM
Ask to your seller and try to change the new for the old model.
Maybe is easy to find Hytron 120 model than 100.
If not, Rob's 2nd option is my suggestion.
best to all,
Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:38 PM
Rob, the way that the efp cage is made dose not allow the pins on the Hytron 100’s to reach the AB plate. Even if I trued the battery mount 90 degrees it still would not work because the actual efp mount is physically too small for the new style battery cases. Did you machine a whole new battery cage to fit? What batteries are you using?
Gus, I was told that Anton Bauer changed there battery casing about three years ago so, they don’t carry the old style Hytrons anymore.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:01 PM
Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:35 AM
Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:49 PM
How are things in Canada? I spoke to David Hable last year about getting your efp mod. He had just lost his machinist to a big job at the time so, it did not work out. The Anton Bauer T-plate (hot swap) would have been a grate idea but, I finally figured it out.
This is what worked for me:
You take the efp battery cage apart.
On the top right-hand side of the battery cage there is a piece of aluminum (about a centimeter) that prevents the new 100’s from locking in completely.
Get a grinding point and drill the metal down so that it’s flush like the other side.
Put the cage back together except for the metal plate that goes directly under the battery.
It now fits the new 100’s!
Thanks for all the responses. It might be hard to visualize so, if anyone needs pictures or have questions, please feel free to pm.