• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Juan Berrocal

Juan Berrocal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

hello everyone.. My name is Juan and I work as ENG at Aragon TV (Spain) and as steadycam operator. I bought my Glidecam 4000pro 2 and a half years ago and launched myself into the business. I have worked in commercial, tv, videoclips... I have been requested for more important jobs which involve heavier cameras (and more money). That is why i am thinking about having a second equipment (I do not want to sell my 4000pro). I want to take a step further but I can't spend a lot of money yet. My options right now are Glidecam V16 and V20. My question is: Taking into account my budget, would you recommend either of them? any other suggestions? The arm for both V16 and V20 has only 1 section that moves vertically. Is this a problem/limitation? I have not tried X-10 for smaller cameras and I have not experienced the difference between 1 vs. 2 section arms.. juan_berrocal@yahoo.es Thanks in advance

#2 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

hello everyone.. My name is Juan and I work as ENG at Aragon TV (Spain) and as steadycam operator. I bought my Glidecam 4000pro 2 and a half years ago and launched myself into the business. I have worked in commercial, tv, videoclips... I have been requested for more important jobs which involve heavier cameras (and more money). That is why i am thinking about having a second equipment (I do not want to sell my 4000pro). I want to take a step further but I can't spend a lot of money yet. My options right now are Glidecam V16 and V20. My question is: Taking into account my budget, would you recommend either of them? any other suggestions? The arm for both V16 and V20 has only 1 section that moves vertically. Is this a problem/limitation? I have not tried X-10 for smaller cameras and I have not experienced the difference between 1 vs. 2 section arms.. juan_berrocal@yahoo.es Thanks in advance

Hi Juan!.... Do you want a "Master Film"...in perfect use?...
Call me.
;)

#3 luis castro

luis castro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 245 posts
  • Spain

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

look: http://www.steadicam...D=Manufacturers
or : http://www.bcsistem.com/

model X45 22 kg

Attached Files

#4 Charles King

Charles King

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 343 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:57 AM

Please tell us your absolute budget at the moment. Just get straight to the point. ;) How much can you afford at this point in time? Amando Crespo recommended the Master Film but if your budget does not stretch to the point of a flyer than the Master is outta your league in price...

Now, when you mentioned you want to start flying bigger cameras how big are you talking about? Weight capacity is also good to know. So please state these specs instead of the models and recommendation for a system could probably be easier to price together...:)

Edited by Charles King, 16 January 2009 - 06:01 AM.

#5 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Please tell us your absolute budget at the moment. Just get straight to the point. ;) How much can you afford at this point in time? Amando Crespo recommended the Master Film but if your budget does not stretch to the point of a flyer than the Master is outta your league in price...

Now, when you mentioned you want to start flying bigger cameras how big are you talking about? Weight capacity is also good to know. So please state these specs instead of the models and recommendation for a system could probably be easier to price together...:)

Ups!... Hi Charles..!. You´ve reason.
I only wanted to do a council for a spanish op/newbie.... No more allow.... (I know where to post for sale a gear....).
LUIS!!!!!....mmmmm..... Please, DON´T HELP ME...
Thanks, and I´m sorry. ;) ;) ;)

#6 Charles King

Charles King

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 343 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

Amando, I hope you are not angry at me from my comment. It wasn't meant to be negative. :) Just a mere common deductive sense.

#7 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Amando, I hope you are not angry at me from my comment. It wasn't meant to be negative. :) Just a mere common deductive sense.

Hi Charles!.... Of course, I´m not angry... I said you thanks for your comment dude... ;) ;)

#8 Charles King

Charles King

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 343 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

Ok thanks buddy. I thought u were. Great then. Peace out.:)

Paralinx LLC

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

BOXX

IDX

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Teradek

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems