• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Braaten

Mike Braaten

• Sustaining Members
  • 12 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Sooo.... at the risk of jinxing the gig, there is a possibility I will have a shooting/steadi op gig on a basic cable TV show coming up.

It's a reality/competition show for VH1, probably shooting on SDX900, but possibly on prosumer cameras.

What should I ask for rental of my Archer and my Stanton Z/F unit? Daily? Weekly?

My handheld shooting rate will be in the neighborhood of IATSE 'reality' scale, although it is a non-union show. I'm unlikely to receive a bump in salary for my 'skills' as a steadi op, so how should I factor that into my bid along with equipment?

I appreciate any input and advice, thank you all!

#2 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

Sooo.... at the risk of jinxing the gig, there is a possibility I will have a shooting/steadi op gig on a basic cable TV show coming up.

It's a reality/competition show for VH1, probably shooting on SDX900, but possibly on prosumer cameras.

What should I ask for rental of my Archer and my Stanton Z/F unit? Daily? Weekly?

My handheld shooting rate will be in the neighborhood of IATSE 'reality' scale, although it is a non-union show. I'm unlikely to receive a bump in salary for my 'skills' as a steadi op, so how should I factor that into my bid along with equipment?

I appreciate any input and advice, thank you all!

mmmm..... Take care with the coffee...... ;)

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

SkyDreams

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS