#1 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

Good afternoon,

The Tiffen Company is pleased to announce additional Steadicam Flyer/Pilot Workshops for 2009. More and more events will be added to our calendar. We encourage anyone who is interested in two days of intensive and fun training in the art and craft of Steadicam Operating to consider one of these events.

The tuition for all of these is $ 500.00 USD, prepaid at time of registration. The groups are limited to 9 students to allow all attendees to have plenty of time in the rigs.

The Steadicam Workshops for Flyer/Pilot that are scheduled so far are as follows:

January 17-18. Montreal. Hosted by CinequitWhite.

February 7-8. Hauppauge, New York. ( NYC area). Hosted by Tiffen.

March 13-14 ( Friday/Saturday ). San Francisco. Hosted by Calumet Photographic.

April 4 -5. Austin, Texas. Hosted by Texas Media Systems.

The Flyer / Pilot Workshops will be visiting dealers and venues across the United States as it has in years past. Bookmark our Workshops web site to keep a close eye on new events. Please contact me with any questions regarding Workshops or Steadicam sales.

The Steadicam Workshops web site

Best to all,

Peter Abraham

Director of Technical Services
Tiffen / Steadicam
6 Lake Street
Monroe, New York 10950
Cell     (917) 453-1219
Fax  ( 845) 595-2270
email: pabraham@tiffen.com

#2 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

Change in dates : The Austin, Texas Flyer/ Pilot workshop is now being held on the weekend of April 18 & 19, 2009.

#3 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Note: The Austin Texas Flyer/ Pilot Workshop has been canceled. Keep an eye out here for another workshop in Texas.

#4 Michael Suchar

Michael Suchar

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Peter, any chance of doing a workshop in the Los Angeles or San Diego area this year?

Thanks,
Michael

#5 Joseph Hutson

Joseph Hutson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • USA

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

Note: The Austin Texas Flyer/ Pilot Workshop has been canceled. Keep an eye out here for another workshop in Texas.

Why was it canceled?

#6 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Why was it canceled?

Rare, but it happens. I am going to bring the Workshops to Texas, no doubt about it. We're working with some of our other dealers in the Lone Star State to make it happen this year.

Best to all, and do feel free to call or email with any questions.

Peter Abraham

#7 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Peter, any chance of doing a workshop in the Los Angeles or San Diego area this year?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I bring the Flyer/Pilot Workshops to L.A. about 2-3 times a year. They're always full. Please do keep an eye out on the Workshops web site. I'm about to lock up some new workshops and that is the place to find out about them !

As an aside, I did a Flyer Workshop at Video Gear in San Diego a few years ago. Martin Banks owns the place. He's immensely knowledgeable about camera, lighting, accessories and Steadicam. Solid local resource.

Best,

Peter

#8 Michael Suchar

Michael Suchar

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

Thanks Peter. I'll keep an eye out for the LA/SD workshops.

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I bring the Flyer/Pilot Workshops to L.A. about 2-3 times a year. They're always full. Please do keep an eye out on the Workshops web site. I'm about to lock up some new workshops and that is the place to find out about them !

As an aside, I did a Flyer Workshop at Video Gear in San Diego a few years ago. Martin Banks owns the place. He's immensely knowledgeable about camera, lighting, accessories and Steadicam. Solid local resource.

Best,

Peter

Edited by Michael Suchar, 03 March 2009 - 11:16 AM.

#9 Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:04 AM

Why was it canceled?

Rare, but it happens. I am going to bring the Workshops to Texas, no doubt about it. We're working with some of our other dealers in the Lone Star State to make it happen this year.

Best to all, and do feel free to call or email with any questions.

Peter Abraham

Peter,
We're dying for an Austin workshop. I know of at least 3-5 operators here that are interested. Please let us know if you're able to come fly with us in the Live Music Capital of the World :)

Aaron
www.onioncreekproductions.com

#10 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

We're holding one in Dallas on October 8 and 9, 2009.

Come on down !!!!!! :)

Peter

#11 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Don't do it. It's a trick! They will have you all relaxed listening to live music and sipping margaritas before you know it. Of course right now you better find someplace inside because lately 100+ temperatures have been the norm.

~Jess

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

SkyDreams

BOXX

IDX

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery