1 reply to this topic

#1 Jamie Hammond

Jamie Hammond

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 91 posts
  • Bedford Uk

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

I'm having some fun and games with my monitor and frame line generator....Hopefully sorted the monitor out ...thanks to Robin, but the bottom frame line seems to get stuck about a 8th of the way down the screen. As this is not a mechanical element I can only think that as suggested by Robin, that it would need a bit of padding via a resistor. I have tried attaching a small resisitor, the same value as what is attached to the left and right pots..it does make a small difference so maybe adding a larger value would increase the drop. My question is to anybody who is in the slightest "techie"...which I am not. Can you see any problem with this, and could I do damge to the frame gen or monitor by adding this resistor...

Many thanks...

Jamie...crap with electrical...Hammond

btw...this is a new Master for me, having sold the old one...Has anybody else experienced the monitor scream of death and shrinking imagine as the battery gets very low? I never did on my old one and this was a bit of a shock to say the least..

#2 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts
  • Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:11 AM

I'm having some fun and games with my monitor and frame line generator....Hopefully sorted the monitor out ...thanks to Robin, but the bottom frame line seems to get stuck about a 8th of the way down the screen.

Hi Jamie

My broadcast Master Series frameline gen had a problem similar when I bought it secondhand. The bottom frameline would never adjust fully out of frame. I did some testing and found a problem with the PC board where, as I flexed the board with my fingers, the frameline would shift position on the screen and disappear at the bottom. Obviously a cold solder joint or cracked trace on the board. I machined a small block of Delrin to fit between two large board components and put a permanent flex in the board. Problem solved... well sort of...for now!
Anyway, if you're mechanically inclined enough, give it a test. This will at least get you a bit closer to finding the culprit.

Cheers
Norbert :D

Omnishot Systems

BOXX

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Boland Communications