Klassen comes through; third time's the charm...!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chupap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 09:33 PM

Well, it's been a long road for me with the backmounted harness. Seems my creaky old bones weren't a happy fit with either the classic or Light versions, after much swapping out of pads, gnashing of teeth etc. After trying on the new Genesis at Cinegear, I saw light at the end of the tunnel and harness #3 turned out to be the charm. Received it last week and the initial use was promising, although I only got a few shots in so it wasn't as demanding a trial as it could be.

That all changed last night, on a multicamera concert gig. I spent a straight 75 minutes in the rig, shlepping a Varicam up and down the Universal Ampitheatre steps (my estimate was 500-600 stairs each direction, still not quite as impressive at GB's preceding Shelley Duvall up the stairs of the Overlook !) I honestly feel that with a front-mounted vest, my mileage would have suffered. And the Genesis settled nicely, avoiding the pressure on my hips that I had experienced with the other harnesses.

So once again, this is a warm endorsement of the backmount harness as well as my thanks and kudos to Walter and Co. for valuing my satisfaction and comfort over the profit margin. Also a tip of the hat to Howard for his part in the conception of the Genesis.

The tricky part for anyone considering a backmounted harness is knowing in advance what their particular constitution will respond to; it's great that there are now three designs to choose from. From my discussion with Howard at Cinegear and comparison of our experiences, I think it may be safe to say that if you find your hips to be a bit of an Achilles heel (as it were) you should take a good look at the Genesis.

#2 WalterKlassen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the kind words Charles. All of us here at the shop are so glad that we were able to get you comfortable in the right harness.

#3 Andrew Jansen

Andrew Jansen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:50 PM

The Walter Light Harness is the best investment in gear I've made in 14 years, oh and the PROII sled too... I can work longer better without any strain or pain at the end of a long day, as I'm working 5 days a week 'til January it's a life saver... I'm sure it's extended my career many times over...

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

Camera Motion Research

Ritter Battery