• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter Chung

Peter Chung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

I want to modify my Steadicam Pilot vest to use quick release buckles instead of velcro. It doesn't seem many people have modified the Pilot yet since it's so new but I've read of other vests being modified in a similar fashion and was wondering if you could share your experience/advise.

I found straps and buckles but there are several options to choose from.

First is the type of material the straps are made of. There is: Cotton, Cotton with nylon core, Polypropylene, Nylon, Ultra abrasion-resistant nylon, Polyester, Polyurethane-coated polyester, Nomex, and Kevlar. What sort of properties should I look for in the strap? What width should the straps be? How much length do you think I need?

The next question is how to secure the straps/buckles to the vest itself. Do you sew them on, use rivets, grommets, or some other method to fasten the straps?

Thank you so much. Any other tips/advice/warnings would be greatly appreciated as well.

#2 Peter Chung

Peter Chung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

Just to update this thread, I was able to modify the velcro straps to buckles. I also modified the arm keeper strap to have a quick release buckle, too ;)

Attached are some photos.

Attached Files

Edited by Peter Chung, 24 October 2008 - 04:56 PM.

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions