Photo

Anybody got a Stanton I can check out (LA)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:14 AM

I've been talking to a producer about doing live work and he insists I need a Stanton. The Steadicam archives seem to confirm this. I'm game to go for it but want to get my hands on one and give it a whirl before I commit to the purchase. Nothing worse than dropping money on gear that ends up sitting around collecting dust.

If you're in LA and have a Stanton that's available to check out, I'd surely appreciate it.

You can email me directly at camera -at- dancoplan-dot-com

Thanks.

Dan

#2 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

I've been talking to a producer about doing live work and he insists I need a Stanton. The Steadicam archives seem to confirm this. I'm game to go for it but want to get my hands on one and give it a whirl before I commit to the purchase. Nothing worse than dropping money on gear that ends up sitting around collecting dust.

If you're in LA and have a Stanton that's available to check out, I'd surely appreciate it.

You can email me directly at camera -at- dancoplan-dot-com

Thanks.

Dan

Yo Danimal,
I'm ordering a second one, so as soon as the new one comes in you can borrow mine and take it for a spin . . . .

Jumping into our live world huh . . . .?

Ya no more dynamic balance, and twice the amount of time in the vest . . .you sure? . . .LOL . . .

#3 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1134 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:09 AM

Hey Dan, Rob's right... it's a different beast though for the most part the cameras are lighter.

I'm not using my Stanton the next few days as far as I know so if you email me your FedEx number I'll send you mine to test drive for a few days.

FWIW, I started out with a ZOE and used a wired gimbal mount controller on my BFD which got me by pretty well. I just velcroed the BFD controller to the side of the ZOE and used my thumb. I still have the ZOE for other work and you're welcome to try that as well if you can get your hands on a wired Bartech controller.

Let me know if I can help.....

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS