No replies to this topic

#1 Milan Holec

Milan Holec

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 30 posts
  • Brisbane AUSTRALIA

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:59 AM

My Name is Milan Holec; I am a Steadicam operator. As a wireless focus for my steadicam I use BarTech Focus; Rotary Style Control Module and Linear Style Control Module with Remote Camera Run Outputs. This Device can control Run/Stop on different cameras: Panavision, ARRI 435/535/SR3, Moviecam Compact, ARRI BL/SR/35-III, Aaton 16/35, Video Camera 12-pin, Panavision Genesis and new RED One; which most of you already know.

First time when I had RED ONE on my rig I?ve used my BFD to control wireless recording and I was facing the difficulties to Run/Stop camera (some people might have the same experience as myself ? the difficulty to control new RED ONE with BFD). What actually happened was; when we pushed the run button, the camera started recording, however when we pushed the button again to stop the camera there was message on display showing 1 frame bursting and the camera would not stop recording. If anybody experienced the same problem and would not know how to fix it I might be able to help you with that.

RED ONE has two GPIO input (A/B).

The following steps are for the setup of these inputs:

1. System ? setup menu

2. Setup menu ? Preferences

3. Preferences ? GPIO menu

4. GPIO menu ? GPIO Input A

5. GPIO Input A ? and select Record please do not select BURST or RAMP; it has to be on RECORD only; you can set the Input A or B - it doesn?t really matter.

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Camera Motion Research

Paralinx LLC