No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Muhlstock SOC

Jeff Muhlstock SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • New Jersey, USA

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

If you ever need to zoom with a cinema style lens, Jim Bartel's "BUZZ" is a must! I recently had a job with the RED camera and a 15 - 40 Optima zoom lens (Great Glass). I bought the BUZZ just for this job. I set it up with a heden zoom motor and my own modified "Zoe" gimbal mounted zoom controller. This was a great way to go! As I am very comfy with zooming and Steadicam with video lenses. This set up will feel very familiar to video guys. I like using my Zoe controller so much, I asked Jim to make me a cable that allows the BUZZ to control Panavision lenses for studio configuration and traditional operating. I have never been a fan of the pressure sensitive "microforce" type zoom controls. I like a more analog feel that the Zoe rocker style offers. So now I am using the Buzz for studio zoom work as well as Steadicam. I will try to get some photos of these applications in the next few weeks. I now have the ability to use this set up in a handheld mode as well, all very cool and comfy ways for operator controlled zooming. The BUZZ is a must have item!

Thanks Jim.

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research