• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Marriage

Mike Marriage

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:34 AM

I recently got these 2 low-mode brackets when I bought my rig package. They were just thrown in as an extra. They are aluminium. Can anyone identify them?

Any pics or info would be useful as I'm not entirely sure which cameras they are for or how they attach. The red one appears to be 2 piece with the small rectangle of metal also shown.

Thanks!

Posted Image

#2 Kenny Brown SOC

Kenny Brown SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 47 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hi there

Don't know these brackets face to face, but the red one looks like it clamps around the handle on an Arri III.

I recently got these 2 low-mode brackets when I bought my rig package. They were just thrown in as an extra. They are aluminium. Can anyone identify them?

Any pics or info would be useful as I'm not entirely sure which cameras they are for or how they attach. The red one appears to be 2 piece with the small rectangle of metal also shown.

Thanks!

Posted Image

#3 Mike Marriage

Mike Marriage

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:51 AM

Thanks Kenny,

I'm not sure, the holes in the red plate don't seem to line up with anything on the bracket.

Both brackets are professionally machined so I figured there would be a few of them out there. Has anyone even seen something similar before or know the manufacturer?

#4 Richard James Lewis

Richard James Lewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • London, UK

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:52 AM

Mike

You remove the handles of the cameras and screw these brackets direct to the body. The little Red plate is like a blanking cap to cover over wires, (probably tally) going into the handle.

I've seen them about, but in not too sure about specifics. I think one is for Digibeta, and the other for the older style Betacam.

I think they were from Optex originally.

Probably explains it since you bought a U1, and not many people have responded to this. Could try giving Robin a call if you get a chance, he would probably know.

Laterz

Rick.

Thanks Kenny,

I'm not sure, the holes in the red plate don't seem to line up with anything on the bracket.

Both brackets are professionally machined so I figured there would be a few of them out there. Has anyone even seen something similar before or know the manufacturer?

#5 RobinThwaites

RobinThwaites

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Pinewood UK

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

Hi Mike

They are indeed OpTex brackets, the blue one was for a BVP-70 or similar Sony splittable camcorder and the red one for a BVW 300/400. In both cases you remove the handle but with the 300/400 you have to disconect the tally and cover the hole with the little plate. The v/f connector gets screwed back onto the front of the bracket. Great brackets and really rigid - shame the cameras are antiques!

Robin

#6 Mike Marriage

Mike Marriage

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:15 AM

Thanks guys!

If anyone is still flying either of these cameras give me a shout as I probably won't be.

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

Teradek

Engineered Cinema Solutions

SkyDreams

rebotnix Technologies

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC