4 replies to this topic

#1 David Allen Grove

David Allen Grove

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 891 posts
  • Los Angeles, California,

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Shoot. I hate "bumping" other peoples workshop notices..
(Just so Peter doesn't get mad at me... he just posted about the Tiffen
Flyer/ Pilot Workshop in October in the next thread. His workshops are AWESOME and very well worth it... Sorry Peter, I just secured the stage today and have to get the word out. ug.)

Now onto the Steadicam Guild Master Class announcement!!

Dates: October 1 and 2
Cost: $1,000

The Steadicam Guild presents the Operator's Master Class, an intensive, advanced experience for those who have already completed a traditional workshop, own their own gear and are looking to move their operating to the next level. The 2-day class focuses on the techniques and challenges faced by the working Steadicam operator.

The class combines lectures and dissection of classic Steadicam sequences with practice shots and exercises. The class culminates with an elaborate "one'r" featuring actual actors performing a scripted scene. The shot closely duplicates the actual set experience and due to the small size of the group, each operator will do multiple takes to be critiqued by the instructor.

For those operators who are comfortable with the basics but are looking to finesse their technique and gain more real-world experience, this class has proven to be greatly beneficial. For more details including clips from prior workshops, visit the Steadicam Guild website (www.steadicamguild.net).

#2 David Allen Grove

David Allen Grove

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

I should also mention that if you are interested in taking the advanced Master Class,
please send Charles Papert your demo reel and resume asap.

This will help him determine your skill level and correct any bad habits that you may have developed.

Please email me directly (please, not through this forum) at davidgrove@gmail.com if you would like to attend.

Class size is small (4 to 6 students) so there are only a few spaces for this advanced Class.

See you at the Master Class! It's going to Rock!

#3 David Allen Grove

David Allen Grove

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

The Master Class is three weeks from today. (Oct 1 & 2).

For more information and to registor, please goto the www.SteadicamGuild.net website.

What's it all about...

? Focusing on the craft of operating a Steadicam (or other stabilizer) beyond the basics
? Exercises built around standing sets on a working soundstage
? Replicating the on-set experience, with scripted scenes and professional actors

Please DO NOT contact me through the internet. I am moving soon and will not have access to
the internet. Instead contact Charles Papert through the Steadicam Guild website. Thank you!

Edited by David Allen Grove SOC, 10 September 2008 - 11:34 AM.

#4 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:41 AM

Still have a slot available for next week's workshop--anyone interested please contact me ASAP! thanks.

#5 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

Still have a slot available for next week's workshop--anyone interested please contact me ASAP! thanks.

............ ;).............

(may be.....may be....)

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

IDX

Teradek