Photo

Anyone know if the Movcam 3a arm is isoelastic?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Felix Forrest

Felix Forrest

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 31 posts
  • London

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Interested to know if anyone has any experience of this arm and if its iso elastic or not?

Thanks

#2 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

Interested to know if anyone has any experience of this arm and if its iso elastic or not?

Thanks

More important, will it hold your sled or just smash it to the ground after a while, like progear did

#3 Jon Beattie

Jon Beattie

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 206 posts
  • Long Island

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:06 PM

I don't know of anyone with one of their arms.

I do know one guy in Canada who has the sled. He's had to do some tweaking to keep it all together and is using it knowing that it isn't going to for very long.

There are other options out there if your looking for an arm and don't want to break the bank. I think there is a posting for a pretty nice rebuild efp arm that an op that's looking to get rid of it. Its a good deal on a proven piece of gear that techs around the worls can help maintain for you.

#4 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:27 AM

Absolutely not!

Chris

#5 Felix Forrest

Felix Forrest

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 31 posts
  • London

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

There are other options out there if your looking for an arm and don't want to break the bank. I think there is a posting for a pretty nice rebuild efp arm that an op that's looking to get rid of it. Its a good deal on a proven piece of gear that techs around the worls can help maintain for you.

It was just curiosity :ph34r: . I have a 3a arm recently serviced by Bees but I'm always intersted to see what's out there and who is developing what. If I was upgrading I'd probably go for either the steadyrig or a G50/70 but at the moment with gold springs I can fly pretty much whatever comes my way.

Thanks for the replies tho'.

#6 TJ Williams

TJ Williams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

Tried it at NAB it's not elastic at all total boom range about 6" ability to stabilize a walk very limited didn't try to run with this turkey. Couldn't boom much over a foot using my full arm force...Completely not workable as of last NAB

#7 Gus Trivino

Gus Trivino

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 236 posts
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

:ph34r:

http://es.youtube.co...h?v=c4LF4Y_NwEw

http://es.youtube.co...h?v=CbMYilE5LGk

#8 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:09 AM

As of now they seam very much visual copies made from pictures either made on trade shows or internet. They don''t have the mechanics nor physics down as of yet... that will probably change once somebody sits down with them and explains the workings... but at that point there price will go up steep as quality costs money and we are a VERY small market for that kind of investment...

Tried it... not there yet.

So no, if you are serious of making this your sole income... stay away.

Sincerely,

Erwin

#9 Andrey Yazydzhi

Andrey Yazydzhi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Moscou

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:10 PM

As of now they seam very much visual copies made from pictures either made on trade shows or internet. They don''t have the mechanics nor physics down as of yet... that will probably change once somebody sits down with them and explains the workings... but at that point there price will go up steep as quality costs money and we are a VERY small market for that kind of investment...

Sincerely,

Erwin

I tried it at Cinema Production Service in March 2008 in Moscow . Looking like copy of G50 it have some principal mistakes and so can't be isoelastic .
Be carefull !

Sincerely ,

Andrey Yazydzhi

#10 Stephen Vanderspek

Stephen Vanderspek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Vancouver, BC

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

Sincerely,

Erwin

I tried it at Cinema Production Service in March 2008 in Moscow . Looking like copy of G50 it have some principal mistakes and so can't be isoelastic .
Be carefull !

Sincerely ,

Andrey Yazydzhi

Yea its a pretty good knock off =p

But I had the same feeling when I tried it at NAB this year, the half of a Provid arm that my school has (its a long story) flew better then the Movcam arm did.

rebotnix Technologies

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

SkyDreams

BOXX