5 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Schmidt

Darren Schmidt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Antioch, CA

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

I have your basic Flyer with the standard monitor. The monitor connects to the sled with an all in one type plug. I am wondering if there is a separate breakout cable, (with a power and audio video connection), so I can use the monitor without having to go through the sled. If there is not one that I can purchase, can anyone tell me who makes that monitor, it is not printed anywhere I have looked.

Thanks in advanced,
Darren

#2 Chris Callarman

Chris Callarman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

Sounds like something you will have to build (or have someone do it for you). Not too difficult once you round up the required connectors and cables.

#3 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1134 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

Surely Terry West can help you. Search around the Forum and you'll find his contact info. He's located in Redondo Beach.

#4 Jaron Berman

Jaron Berman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 104 posts
  • LA, CA

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

it's a fairly standard din connector... I used to have a pinout somewhere..... anyways it's a very easy thing to do. The plus of doing that is you can also use splitters at the base of the sled if you need to go to a WEVI or boxx transmitter. I had this done on my old flyer - a simple inline breakout. Robert's right, try Terry West.

#5 Martin Stacey

Martin Stacey

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 201 posts
  • Adrenochrome, New Zealand

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

It's the same monitor that Glidecam market as their L7Pro nowadays and they send them out with the original breakout cable. Perhaps if you give them a call they may be able to supply you with just the cable.

Cheers,

Marty

#6 TerryWest

TerryWest

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 76 posts
  • Redondo Beach

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

I have your basic Flyer with the standard monitor. The monitor connects to the sled with an all in one type plug. I am wondering if there is a separate breakout cable, (with a power and audio video connection), so I can use the monitor without having to go through the sled. If there is not one that I can purchase, can anyone tell me who makes that monitor, it is not printed anywhere I have looked.

Thanks in advanced,
Darren

Terry West
techrat@earthlink.net
310 621-5063

PLC - Bartech

BOXX

SkyDreams

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Engineered Cinema Solutions