3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Alba SOC

Michael Alba SOC

• Sustaining Members
  • 3 posts
  • hollywood

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

hi everyone!

i was wondering if anybody had info about running a two monitor setup on a pro rig for live tv . one program monitor and one camera monitor, now i know there is only one input at the top of the sled, maybe there is a way to mod a port on the junction box to send another feed down below.

thanks guys

michael alba

#2 Martin Stacey

Martin Stacey

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 196 posts
  • Adrenochrome, New Zealand

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:57 AM

An option which I have found works quite well is to have an RF transmitter setup sending a Program feed back to a reciever mounted on your sled which feeds your second monitor. Is a way of getting around rewiring your sled if you absolutley must have a return feed viewable on your rig. Also handy when mounting a monitor for talent etc.

#3 Chris Callarman

Chris Callarman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

I installed BNC connectors up on the stage and down near my monitor with a thin coax that I ran down my post in my Master Elite. I connect the top BNC to the prompter out feed on the camera and have the truck feed program to that. Then I mount a small 2nd monitor (above or below my main monitor) and connect to the other end of the new feed. I also made an adapter to power the 2nd monitor off my sled. Works great. Marty's Idea works well too, I just don't like to keep my Modulus cooking for hours on end so I finally put in the wire.

Good luck!

Edited by Chris Callarman, 24 July 2008 - 02:05 PM.

#4 JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1359 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

That only works when you are using triax setups. Not when using rf camera's, so thats why i use martin's way for many year now. Works great. A small casio with tuner i picked up from ebay for about 30 bucks. Just started with my second one, as my first one didnt had much picture left after so much use of it.

Ritter Battery

Camera Motion Research

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech