3 replies to this topic

#1 Kris Torch Wilson

Kris Torch Wilson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 184 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

Sitting on my little bar stool sweating like a pig waiting for our next shot and I noticed a little play in my socket block. Pulled out my allen set and found that every screw was a little loose. Then I pulled out my phillips and found that almost every one of those screws around the rig were loose. Not complaining, just reminding anyone that cares,that things do work loose after awhile. I must admit it has been several months since I took a long look at the whole rig. Fly right fly tight.

Kris

#2 Jason Torbitt

Jason Torbitt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 401 posts
  • Manchester, London UK

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:28 AM

Hi Torch!

I agree - I've always checked the gear over before and after each job. It's easy for things to work loose easily. If you look at a typical Master / Ultra vest for example, which I used for several years, there are many parts which come loose, particularly the socket block on the bridge plate - hardly surpirsing, given the pressure that it's under. Always worth checking the kit over - it could prevent a costly accident...

#3 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1134 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

Sitting on my little bar stool sweating like a pig waiting...and found that every screw was a little loose....

We've all known you've had more than a few screws loose for a while Kris... but we love you just like you are...
:rolleyes:

Sorry but I just couldn't resist that nice set up!

#4 mark morgan

mark morgan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 177 posts
  • honolulu,hawaii

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:04 AM

Sitting on my little bar stool sweating like a pig waiting for our next shot and I noticed a little play in my socket block. Pulled out my allen set and found that every screw was a little loose. Then I pulled out my phillips and found that almost every one of those screws around the rig were loose. Not complaining, just reminding anyone that cares,that things do work loose after awhile. I must admit it has been several months since I took a long look at the whole rig. Fly right fly tight.

Kris

hey kris
the screws maybe loose
but does a wooden horse still have a wooden pecker lol
just great memories,i still play that vid back

IDX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Teradek

Boland Communications

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies