Newbie needs monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NOT Dominic Bartolone

NOT Dominic Bartolone
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

I am a steadicam newbie and my 3A monitor has gone bad. Can anyone point me in the direction of a cost effective monitor for my 3A rig? I know everything in the steadicam world is expensive, but if anyone knows someone selling an old monitor please let me know.

#2 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

I am a steadicam newbie and my 3A monitor has gone bad. Can anyone point me in the direction of a cost effective monitor for my 3A rig? I know everything in the steadicam world is expensive, but if anyone knows someone selling an old monitor please let me know.

If you want a lcd, there is plenty of choice. If it needs to be a crt like your old 3a, look at MARREL Perhaps you could go brandnew for not to much $$

Regards Job

#3 Lukas Franz

Lukas Franz

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 187 posts
  • Zurich, Switzerland

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

If it needs to be a crt like your old 3a, look at MARREL Perhaps you could go brandnew for not to much $$

Marell doesn't produce their CRTs anymore. Understandably... Go for an LCD. Their not that expensive anymore - as long you don't need a super bright HD-monitor. Also, look for a battery-mount on the back of the LCD - it helps keeping the familliar weight for rig balancing.

Cheers, Lukas

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

BOXX

SkyDreams

IDX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery