• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EJ Sadler

EJ Sadler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

I'm using a Nebtek HD-SDI monitor on a flyer and would like to try to run the signal down the post.

1 - Does anybody know of someone who can make a break-out cable to separate the power and the video signal from the combined Tiffen cable?

2 - Does anybody know if the simple flyer cable will handle HD-SDI? It's a pretty short run.

3 - Or, since I'm never going back to SD, should I just pull the wiring and run separate power/video up the post?

Thanks.

#2 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

I'm using a Nebtek HD-SDI monitor on a flyer and would like to try to run the signal down the post.

1 - Does anybody know of someone who can make a break-out cable to separate the power and the video signal from the combined Tiffen cable?

2 - Does anybody know if the simple flyer cable will handle HD-SDI? It's a pretty short run.

3 - Or, since I'm never going back to SD, should I just pull the wiring and run separate power/video up the post?

Thanks.

Terry West 310-374-5711

#3 John E Fry

John E Fry

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 86 posts
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire UK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

The Flyer wiring should handle HD-SDI fine, it's only a short cable after all. Here's a bit more detail of how I converted my Flyer LE wiring for HD: 

http://www.steadicam...ic=14427&page=2

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

IDX

SkyDreams

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

BOXX