2 replies to this topic

#1 Kyme Hallion

Kyme Hallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:09 AM

I have a problem with my Titaniem Socket block, One of my operators has taken the socket bloack apart and now doesnt know how to fix the spring back. Any help would be great..... I have the tool free Titanium Socket block....

#2 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

First of all please use your full real name as your Login name...

Second, very specific to the manufacturer you have an order of parts that have to be pre-assembled in the right order and orientation, like: Washer or Spring washer or Bearing, then Rod-end bearing, plastic sleeve, pre tensioned spring, Rod end bearing and again the washer, spring washer or bearing... and hold all together as you push the shaft through that mess...

It's a stupid idea to pull it apart in the first place, but if... I make sure that I know which parts comes after which one make a note or drawing, wrong assembly will damage parts and could lead to complete failure... I'm staying away from that assembly as far as I can as I had failure in the past and only let the manufacturer work on that part of the arm.

I would contact Tiffen and they should be able to talk you through the exact assembly including the orientation of the various washers... or fax/e-mail you a picture...

Good Luck,

#3 Kyme Hallion

Kyme Hallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

Thankyou for your reply, I have put it back together , ALL working fine now and I wasn't the per
son who took it apart !

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems