#1 David Baldwin

David Baldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 149 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:38 AM

Hi everyone.

'Pologize if this is old news, but it's still news to me and I'm happy about it and want to pass it on:

New(?) Pelican 1730. Int. dimensions 34" x 24" x 12.5". Sounds to me like someone could put a steadicam in that thar thing. Especially if they've got a longish sled like mine. (pro 1 with one of Hugo's battery hangers).

Much love,
Dave

#2 James Puli

James Puli

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 216 posts
  • Australia wide! (depends where my car is parked)

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:54 AM

Sounds cool. Pity i just bought a 1650. Hmmm.

The Aust website i found it on didnt have any prices yet and it said it was coming soon. So may not be that older news.
www.carryitcases.com.au

David - im getting one of Hugo's battery hangers as well, cant wait!

JP

Edited by James Puli, 09 May 2008 - 05:55 AM.

#3 David Baldwin

David Baldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 149 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hey James
Yeah, I had ordered a 1650, but was surprised when my sled was a little too long to fit in the case. Jack at GPI had to add an adapter to mate my PRO 2 center post with a PRO 1 gyro/lower j-box and the extra inch or so put the sled over the 1650 length capacity.

The US retail on the 1730 is $400. I know it's a tad wide and a tad deep, but it's only a pound or two heavier than the 1650 and it's gotta be cheaper than getting a custom case made. By the way, I love my battery hanger and Hugo's customer service (as I'm sure you know) is exceptional.

Take care, James.
D

#4 Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook

• Sustaining Members
  • 22 posts
  • Tampa, Florida

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

I am loking to get a hard case for my EFP sled. Everything else I have is in Pelican cases, so I would like to "keep it in the family" and buy another one.

Is anyone using the 1730? It seems a bit big. My other option is one of the rifle cases, the 1700 or 11720. They are long enough but they are ony 5.25" wide. Anyone using one of these?

Any info will be greatly apprecated.

Thanks,

Jeff Cook

#5 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:28 PM

I am loking to get a hard case for my EFP sled. Everything else I have is in Pelican cases, so I would like to "keep it in the family" and buy another one.

Is anyone using the 1730? It seems a bit big. My other option is one of the rifle cases, the 1700 or 11720. They are long enough but they are ony 5.25" wide. Anyone using one of these?

Any info will be greatly apprecated.

Thanks,

Jeff Cook

Jeff,
The 1650 Peli or the 2950 Storm Case both fit my EFP Frankin Rig, why go with the big 1730?

#6 Imran Naqvi

Imran Naqvi

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 221 posts
  • London. UK

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:58 AM

I use the 1650 as well, the other option is go for the double height 1660, and you should be able to squeeze in your arm and a front mount vest too!

#7 Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook

• Sustaining Members
  • 22 posts
  • Tampa, Florida

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:32 AM

Rob,

I have been keeping the sled basically setup ready to go in a soft case that I have and was trying to do the same with a hard case. I have a 1650 and the sled is about 1 1/2" to long for it.

After looking at the 1730 I realized that it's a monster and would be a pain to lug around. I have seen other rigs in the long Pelican/Storm type cases but never was able to find out which case was being used. I'm still looking...

#8 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

Rob,

I have been keeping the sled basically setup ready to go in a soft case that I have and was trying to do the same with a hard case. I have a 1650 and the sled is about 1 1/2" to long for it.

After looking at the 1730 I realized that it's a monster and would be a pain to lug around. I have seen other rigs in the long Pelican/Storm type cases but never was able to find out which case was being used. I'm still looking...

Just so I understand, your EFP from the top stage to the bottom of the battery is too long to fit into a Peli 1650 and a storm 2950 By an 1.5" inches ?

And if so, this is happening because you don't want to collapse the the Post? or fully collapsed it still won't fit?

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

Teradek

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems

SkyDreams

IDX

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC - Bartech