Photo

Some of my first footage online, please look.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:54 AM

Here's another little video...

http://s250.photobuc...t=Sequence1.flv

I think it's a lot of fun uploading videos to comment, it may even help in a way, or at least that was for me... Since I start (five months ago) I receive an incredible amount of infos and tips and I think relating this to what I do and I show can be really valuable.
It absolutely doesn't replace a workshop (I'm trying to organize myself for Ischia in may) but I think it can be a lot of fun for the new comers to discuss among themselfs what we do and experience while operating and may be sometimes a big guys can arrive with some good words...
I don't believe to myself... I'm suggesting to make a newbies video section... may be I'm going far beyond my role and capacities...
I apologize if I offend or step on someone's feet...

If there's not a following to this I promise I'll stop uploading excercises...

regards and peace

matteo

#2 Peter Hoare

Peter Hoare

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 360 posts
  • London

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Seems pretty good, what rig are you using?

#3 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

Hi Peter,
thank you very much for your comment...
I'm using a very basic rig, made in Italy, from a company named ASAPI.
It's very simple but it does have a strong arm (spring up to 39lb, usefull for me since most of the times I fly betacam)
in this little and funny video I'm using a sony 1000 minidv (3,1 lb) very difficult to move around for its light weight, that's way I cut really fast :P ... So I put weight on it, a bit just under the top stage and a bit under monitor and batteries, if you are curious I can send you some pictures...
here's another link to stuff did with a sony betacam (20lb) and playing also with zoom to simulate long lenses......

http://s250.photobuc...ent=thesame.flv

looking forward for more shots and comments to come...

regards and peace,

matteo

#4 Luke Willson

Luke Willson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Essex, UK

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:31 AM

Hey, I'm by know means an expert but I had a look at your video and noticed some horizontal jolting which makes me think you might me controling the gimble a bit too much. I was told to try flying with no hands and see how the rig moves. Look at how your sled rotates and pans with no hands and hopefully you'll know how to control it when you get your hands on it. Apart from that its a great little video. Thanks for sharing.

#5 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

Hi Luke,

thanks a lot for your comment and suggestion, what I will try is first make the movement with no hands on the rig and then record with hands on, correcting where I see problems in horizon and balancing, it should take me to a more controlled situation. :rolleyes:
I'll show in the next chapter of little videos if there are improvements :unsure: ... It's really hard with little cameras also because of the incredible little base of my rig, it makes things even harder then they normally are...

P.S. thanks also and expecially to the moderators that change that silly title to the topic, it makes me feel an idiot each time I log in and it was me who wrote it ... :ph34r: ... not my second personality...

my regards and peace

#6 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:22 AM

... and another one...

http://s250.photobuc...t=Sequence5.flv

#7 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hi all,

this last one was done with a sony betacma D30, 20lb, ideas, suggestions, comments, bad words, what ever comes to your mind (you in general) is appreciated. I'm starting to understand some of the limits of this rig, but anyway it's a LOT of FUN.

regards and peace,

matteo

#8 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

:lol: :lol: Ja, ja, ja.... Well Matteo..You´ve to finish the stor...., and should be possible to have more blood? blood... Better.... Blood, falling heads, nude girls runnig... Knives two meters longer... And for the end.... Could be murdered the producer, the director and the camera op...
Try it, film it and show us, please.
Best regards. :P :P

#9 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:19 AM

sorry...
but the only one that can be killed is the steadicam op, me :blink: , because it was just some friends at their home, where I usually go for exercising with different cameras...
actually I think I'm starting to bother them too, because I always get there on sunday or saturday morning, (you can see by the face of my friend...)
no story, no actors, no director... but if people like I can try to convince the girl to run naked (shuoldn't be that difficult :P )...

my best Amando and thanks for replying

matteo

Varizoom Follow Focus

IDX

Ritter Battery

BOXX

Teradek

rebotnix Technologies

Engineered Cinema Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS