3a package w/Derose parts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Alkiewicz

Mark Alkiewicz

• Sustaining Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

After 5 years being sidelined by blowing out disc t12-l1 doing a handheld with a BL. I have decided I can no longer run the big rigs and am parting with this old friend. There were upgrades I wanted to make then but I just kept putting them off hoping my back would mend and I could pick it back up and do them later.
The original j-box is not sending power to the lemo's and the elec bubble is more skitterish than a ferret on crack. so I cant say this is a turnkey rig but its got good bones and I am willing to part it out if I have to

3a Sled # 501 Converted to anton bauer batts by Brant Fagan. 12 volt

Derose Donkey box (Later know as the pro dbox 1)
(See Photo) 1 screw needs tapping and replace, head sheared
Derose telescoping center post
Derose monitor bracket
Derose sliding base plate (fore and aft adjust for bottom of sled)
Original monitor

Sled price $2000.00

3a gimbal Execelent cond (New in 96) $3000.00

3a arm #669 (New in 96) Gold springs. only did light duty mostly 16mm or 35 mos.
$7500.00

3a vest (crack in plastic on leftside of waist plate see photo) I used it like this for 3 years it never bothered me but I would wear a weight belt under the vest.
$2000.00

or take the whole rig for $11000.00

I also have a sietz unit with a Heden motor but since the jbox was out I haven't been able to test it .

Mark Alkiewicz

718-369-1064

mark.c.alkiewicz@verizon.net

Attached File  dbox.jpg   42.04KB   224 downloads Attached File  arm.jpg   35.67KB   175 downloadsAttached File  vest.jpg   40.85KB   171 downloads
Attached File  gimbal.jpg   65.05KB   167 downloads

#2 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

Mark,

Wondered what ever happened to you. Sorry about the back - that's no good at all.

Wish you the best!

#3 Mark Alkiewicz

Mark Alkiewicz

• Sustaining Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

Mark,

Wondered what ever happened to you. Sorry about the back - that's no good at all.

Wish you the best!

Thanks. I hear your working with the red these days. I saw you in HD video pro.
I also was interested in what you had to say about the pilot. Thinking of picking one up just for fun. Figure the back could probably handle a ten pound rig.

#4 Mark Alkiewicz

Mark Alkiewicz

• Sustaining Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

The Rig is on hold for buyer's approval if anyone wants a second hold on anything let me know.

Thanks, and its good hearing from the green screen mafia again. sorry I've been gone so long.

Mark

#5 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Mark,

Just did a little testing with the RED when it first came out. I was actually on an episodic series then shooting film so I even used a friend's rig for the test so I wouldn't have to deal with taking mine off the truck. Flew well, but i have yet to do an actual job with it.

The Pilot is a killer little rig. I love it, actually. If they ever come out with a slightly larger version (to replace the Flyer???) I'd be tempted to buy one as a LW rig/running rig. The advantages of the Pilot over the Flyer are a thicker center post and the nifty weights to increase pan inertia. Very slick & job well done by Tiffen.

Cheers,

Alec

BOXX

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

The Moses Pole - Steadicam Monopod