CP amplifier with Seitz

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Denis-Noel Mostert

Denis-Noel Mostert

• Sustaining Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

I have some technical questions for those experimented operators that had to live with Seitz and WRC-4 remotes. I belive it is possible to use a CP amplifier with a Seitz receiver. My questions are: How can we plug them together ? The pins of the serial connector on CP and Seitz are the same ? On Seitz the power goes from reciever to amplifier through the 4 pin signal cable, is it the same on CP ? What do I need to know to use a CP amp on Seitz reciever ? I join 2 pictures of the CP because I don?t know how many models were on the market.

Thanks a lot. I trying to held someone on that issue.

Denis-Noël Mostert

Attached Files

#2 JimBartell

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 481 posts
  • Long Beach, CA, USA

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

It's more complicated than just the cabling. There is a chip inside the amplifier that has to be changed because the pulse width timing was different on the two systems. Unfortunately, it is not a chip you can just buy because it also has to be programmed. When Tiffen took over CPC, all the files that had the programming information were dumped because the WRC-4 was not a product Tiffen wanted to support. So even if you wired it correctly, it still wouldn't work.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Jim "the poor bastard who designed it" Bartell

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

Camera Motion Research