chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

Just received this:

ISCHIA INTERNATIONAL STEADICAM® WORKSHOP

Tiffen & Cartoni will conduct from the 4th to the 9th of May 2008, a unique Workshop at the Aragonese Castle located at the famed island of Ischia in Italy.

Lead instructor will be Garrett Brown, teamed with famed international instructors Jerry Holway (Usa) Harry Panagiotidis (Australia) Valentin Monge (France) Chris Fawcett (Holland) Alex Brambilla (Italy) and Robin Thwaites (Tiffen Europe).

This International Workshop will give all participants ample practical and theoretical experience to begin working professionally, plus the mental tools needed to meet future challenges, as well as exercises and shots to practice after completing the course.

All levels of operating are accommodated:

? Physical principles - vest, arm and sled
? Balancing the Steadicam - both static and dynamic
? Inertial control and augmentation
? High Mode & Low Mode
? Long Mode (ultra high and ultra low modes)
? Stairs & shooting from vehicles: boat, rickshaw, vespa, etc. ? hard & soft mounts
? Safety
? Right and Left side operating
? Focus Control, Video Transmission and Reception
? Video Assist & Video Recording
? New equipment and prototypes

and?.Italian cuisine !!!

The training consists primarily of specially designed exercises and shots, interspersed with short lectures, demonstrations, stories, and videos of great Steadicam work. As much time as possible is spent working with the Steadicam.

At the end of the course, participants will face a final test, reviewed and discussed with Garrett Brown and the instructors and will receive a Workshop Certificate signed by Garrett Brown.

Workshop participants should be in good health and free of back or other physical problems. Using a Steadicam properly does not hurt your back, it gently makes it stronger and it also improves posture. There are several successful female operators who weigh less than 130 lbs., and few male operators who weigh twice that. Good shoes, such as Cross-Training athletic shoes, should be worn every day. Clothing should be layered, as we work both outside and inside and the weather can be quite warm or cold.

Workshop participants with special dietary needs or other special requests should notify CARTONI in advance. Participants who wish to bring their own Steadicam equipment should also notify us in advance. Participants are encouraged to bring both still and video cameras.

Cost for the workshop is ? 2.500,00 (Euro), which includes great instruction, equipment and meals. Workshop participants are responsible for their own travel to and from Ischia :http://www.delphismdc.org/en/is_ischia.htm#getthere

To sign up for the ISCHIA INTERNATIONAL STEADICAM WORKSHOP please fill the Registration Form and transfer a non refundable deposit * of ? 800,00 (Euro) to Cartoni SpA in Rome, Italy.

* Deposits will be fully refunded If cancellation is made 30 days prior to the start of the workshop.

Hotel arrangements will be made at the former 15th century Monastery Albergo Il Monastero http://www.albergoilmonastero.it on the 56.000 sq mt Peninsula and at adjacent Hotel. Hotel fee from Sunday May 4th afternoon (check in) to Saturday May 10th (check out) for 6 nights is ? 600,00 (Euro).

Workshop participants should meet at the Castello Aragonese http://www.castelloaragonese.it in Ischia on Sunday May 4th after 12.00. (Ferries & Hydrofoils : http://www.ischia.or...-to-ischia.php). CARTONI will notify participants if this changes.

The workshop runs from Monday morning to Friday evening May 9th. The Workshop begins promptly at 9 a.m. each morning after breakfast, and usually finishes by 7 p.m., when we all dine together at the Albergo Il Monastero.

If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact: Elisabetta Cartoni ?

Via Giuseppe Mirri, 13 Rome 00159 (Rm)
Phone : +39 064382002 FAX : +39 0643588293
elisabetta@cartoni.com & www.cartoni.com

See you in Ischia !!

#2 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

Just received this:

ISCHIA INTERNATIONAL STEADICAM® WORKSHOP

Tiffen & Cartoni will conduct from the 4th to the 9th of May 2008, a unique Workshop at the Aragonese Castle located at the famed island of Ischia in Italy.

Lead instructor will be Garrett Brown, teamed with famed international instructors Jerry Holway (Usa) Harry Panagiotidis (Australia) Valentin Monge (France) Chris Fawcett (Holland) Alex Brambilla (Italy) and Robin Thwaites (Tiffen Europe).

This International Workshop will give all participants ample practical and theoretical experience to begin working professionally, plus the mental tools needed to meet future challenges, as well as exercises and shots to practice after completing the course.

The workshop runs from Monday morning to Friday evening May 9th. The Workshop begins promptly at 9 a.m. each morning after breakfast, and usually finishes by 7 p.m., when we all dine together at the Albergo Il Monastero.

If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact: Elisabetta Cartoni ?

Via Giuseppe Mirri, 13 Rome 00159 (Rm)
Phone : +39 064382002 FAX : +39 0643588293
elisabetta@cartoni.com & www.cartoni.com

See you in Ischia !!

I´m sorry, Mr. Fawcett.... But, should be possible taht we will see there....I´ll be a good boy.......... FANTASTIC!!!....

#3 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

All I know is I want to go . . . .

it's just the $10,000 spending on everything wonderful in Italy that I'm not sure about . . .LOL . . .

Hopefully I'll be there!!

#4 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:12 AM

Amando, Rob.

Fantastic. I hope to see you both there. And Rob, you think you'll have time to buy anything?

And what a location, btw. Cartoni has really come up with something memorable.

#5 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

Amando, Rob.

Fantastic. I hope to see you both there. And Rob, you think you'll have time to buy anything?

Chris,
Do you really think my wife is going to let me go to Italy alone and hang out with you trouble makers and not stay a week after the class . . . . and travel around Italy . . .

Maybe I'll go look up some distant family over on the other side of the boot . . .LOL . . .

Save me a spot, I'm trying to get my schedual in order to be able to get away . . .

As Charles said, in one ofthe other posts, it's always cool to see how the other side of our industry works.

Rob "Hopeing to visit my roots in Italy" Vuona

#6 Elisabetta Cartoni

Elisabetta Cartoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:44 AM

Amando, Rob.

Chris,
Do you really think my wife is going to let me go to Italy alone and hang out with you trouble makers and not stay a week after the class . . . . and travel around Italy . . .

Maybe I'll go look up some distant family over on the other side of the boot . . .LOL . . .

Save me a spot, I'm trying to get my schedual in order to be able to get away . . .

As Charles said, in one ofthe other posts, it's always cool to see how the other side of our industry works.

Hi Rob and all potential attendies!
We are working on Ischia accomodation and all rooms will be doubles with single occupation so that in case you want to take along a wife or a friend you will be able to share the room.
We will let you know the final price for the double occupancy, as for now we have 100 ? x night per person, but I am almost sure we can host the second person for free! I will be more precise later.
All the best

Elisabetta

#7 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:18 AM

Hi Elisabetta and all the guys,

I'm trying to orginize myself to be there, actually I'm thinking to take the family with me (wife and son) and to let them have a great week in Ischia, do you think I'll have minutes to see them during the late afternoon or they can follow us in the Castle sometimes? Because I really would like my son (in may almost one year) to get the basics of steadicam operating, especially from GB.
I can't wait to be there but I still have to fix some problems with my business before sign in, hope there's still place...
Another question, is it possible to book another hotel closer to the beach? because it seems that in the beautifull castle you can see the sea really from far away, and I would like them to be the more comfortable they can...

Thanks in advance for replies...

Matteo

#8 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Amando, Rob.

Chris,

Hi Rob and all potential attendies!
We are working on Ischia accomodation and all rooms will be doubles with single occupation so that in case you want to take along a wife or a friend you will be able to share the room.
We will let you know the final price for the double occupancy, as for now we have 100 ? x night per person, but I am almost sure we can host the second person for free! I will be more precise later.
All the best

Elisabetta

Thanks Mrs. Elisabetta for the information about accomodation . But likes Mr. Twaites knows and can tell you...., my girl friend (Anita)... She will be happiest waitting for me at Spain. and all people at Ischia will get gratefully about she was there.... It´s a joke about the earthquake she is. No... She´ll be doing a film like make-up , but she send to all people best regards....
Gracias.....

#9 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:44 PM

Just an update,
Not that any of you care, . . . .LOL . . . . . but I told a few of you I would see you in Italy, unfortunately and fortunately I will not be attending. I am filling in on an 8 country 4 week gig instead. Gotta put food on the table . . .!!

Actually I am reeeaaally bummed and was truly looking forward to getting in trouble with Jerry, Senior Brown and the rest of you.

I guess I will have to corrupt you guys on the next exotic workshop . . . .

Have fun and do a shot of Limonchelo for me.

#10 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

Just an update,
Not that any of you care, . . . .LOL . . . . . but I told a few of you I would see you in Italy, unfortunately and fortunately I will not be attending. I am filling in on an 8 country 4 week gig instead. Gotta put food on the table . . .!!

Actually I am reeeaaally bummed and was truly looking forward to getting in trouble with Jerry, Senior Brown and the rest of you.

I guess I will have to corrupt you guys on the next exotic workshop . . . .

Have fun and do a shot of Limonchelo for me.

Hi Rob...! Please, I´d like to drink those limonchelos together...
King regards

#11 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

[/quote]

Hi Rob...! Please, I´d like to drink those limonchelos together...
King regards
[/quote]

Amando,

Hopefully the Guru's will pick another spectacular location to host a workshop and then we will have those shots together . . .

I am expecting pictures of all of you doing a shot of Lemonchelo for me

All the best and have fun

#12 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

I´ll see you tomorrow in Ischia... ;)

#13 Clemens Treml

Clemens Treml

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts
  • Munich, Germany

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

...bring your suncream dude...the weather's great in italy...

#14 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:59 AM

OK guys,
I'm on my fifth continent in three weeks, barely having enough time between shooting to take a snapshot of my surroundings and I am still thinking about the workshop I missed . . . ??!!

So, the workshop is over, and we are all waiting to see some photo's of the magnificent location and all the trouble Jerry and Garret got into to and of course the pictures of all of you doing shots of Lemonchello . . . .

I'm sure you all had a great time and Jerry and Garret I'll see you on the next exotic location you choose to host a workshop . . .

Until Next time
Sincerely
Rob "Still bummed he couldn't attend" Vuona

#15 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hi boys.... To all students who was there.
I´ve not e.mails... please send me.
Best regards.
:blink: :( :unsure:

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Engineered Cinema Solutions

SkyDreams

Boland Communications

Teradek

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Omnishot Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions