31 replies to this topic

#31 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 372 posts
  • India

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

Isn't that what "General Discussion" or "Journals" is for?

So yes, an "Aesthetics" section should be part of SteadicamForum, as we are Camera operators and not just a different breed of grips.

K.

Hi Kareem,
With due respect to you as a steadicam operator (and I am aware of your great reputation), I find it odd that you should imagine that grips have no sense of aesthetics. I know of many grips who move on from "operating the operator" to being the operator. Good dolly grips understand the aesthetics of operating a shot. They know where they need to be with the crane or dolly, and why they need to be there in order for the shot to work.
I understand the frustration of rental houses trying to muscle in on the territory of the local operators, but anyone who has worked with good grips would find your statement a little jarring.
If you work as a conventional operator (as well as steadicam) I think you would agree.

Respectfully

Sanjay Sami

#32 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:27 AM

after 2 years of operating this tv add come back to my mind, don't know if it fits the discussion about the tool being art in itself or part of a bigger dream... but here's a good connection among the two I think...

for not german speaking as I am at the end the voice goes... " HP and Porsche work entirety in order to return the life of the wind better.."

p.s. to me one of the best tv add EVER

maqu
Matteo Quagliano
Steadicam Archer Operator
www.maquvision.com

Stabilizer Workshops

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

PLC - Bartech

GPI Pro Systems