• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Doll

Matt Doll

• Sustaining Members
  • 4 posts
  • Wilmington NC

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Hey everybody I've beem operating for about 2 years. My question is when supplying production companies with list of equipment and values to obtain a certificate of insurance are you giving them values that would reflect the cost of a new like kind and quality rig,accessories,remote focus unit etc.. or just the amount that you paid for your rig and extras.

I have a demo Ultra Cine and a used Preston.

Also I want to change my insurance carrier for my rig any suggestions. Has anyone out there had to file a claim for damage while shooting? What are somethings I can do on my end to ease the pain?

I would love to hear from anyone with thoughts or advice.

Matt Doll
Steadi L.O.F. inc.
owner/operator
local 600
Wilmington NC

#2 Mike McGowan SOC

Mike McGowan SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 624 posts
  • Miami, Florida, USA

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

My values reflect the cost to buy brand new everything I own. It shouldn't matter much to the production company as they have a large policy that covers a whole lot more than the steadicam.

Though I've never had to file a claim, I've been really happy with Walter P. Doll insurance agency, 513-421-6515.

mm.

#3 Alfeo Dixon SOC

Alfeo Dixon SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 756 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

My question is when supplying production companies with list of equipment and values to obtain a certificate of insurance are you giving them values that would reflect the cost of a new like kind and quality rig,accessories,remote focus unit etc.. or just the amount that you paid for your rig and extras.

I have a demo Ultra Cine and a used Preston.

Your coverage should be for the cost of fair replacing value of your equipment in a timely manor. If you have a lost, you should be able to replace your gear with a like kind good of the same worth or better. Even if you had a used Ultra rig in 'good' condition, you would not want it to be replaced with a Masters rig in 'great' condition nor a Masters are in 'fair' condition unless you are compensated for the lessor value.

Nor should it take two to three months to find a comparable replacement.

-Alfeo

SkyDreams

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek

Varizoom Follow Focus

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications