5 replies to this topic

#1 eric ramahatra

eric ramahatra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

hi

I have my side to side adjustment knob very hard to turn. It's not like the forward/backward one wich is very easy once unlocked.
It's soo hard so i now have some hurt on my two fingers.

May be there is a way to get his knob more "fluid" ?

#2 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1134 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:15 AM

I have my side to side adjustment knob very hard to turn. It's not like the forward/backward one wich is very easy once unlocked.
It's soo hard so i now have some hurt on my two fingers.

Eric, it should not be any more difficult to turn than the fore and aft adjustment. Contact Tiffen; they been very responsive to what few service requests I've had.

#3 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:56 AM

Hi Eric,

Agreed. The side to side knob should not be hard to turn at all. Please send me a digital photo of the stage, especially the underside of it. Perhaps I can help you work out a way to get it moving smoothly again.

Best to you,

Peter Abraham
The Tiffen Company
pabraham@tiffen.com

#4 hockey184

hockey184

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

Marty here, Loosen the two button head socket screws located on the stage top. I believe it is a 1/8 hex, loosen these screws and re-torque them gradually while checking the cross shaft to see if it gets tight. If this does'nt do it there is two set screws located in the dovetail which these button head are screwed in to. Carefully back these of 1/16 of a turn and tighten button heads making sure there is no play in the dovetail plate. If you need more help just call us.
Marty Joseph Tiffen Co 818 843-4600 Ex 20

#5 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:38 AM

Marty here, Loosen the two button head socket screws located on the stage top. I believe it is a 1/8 hex, loosen these screws and re-torque them gradually while checking the cross shaft to see if it gets tight. If this does'nt do it there is two set screws located in the dovetail which these button head are screwed in to. Carefully back these of 1/16 of a turn and tighten button heads making sure there is no play in the dovetail plate. If you need more help just call us.

Marty,

You should know better. We use our real names as our screen names, just look around. Please change it or by forum policy I have to delete your post's

#6 eric ramahatra

eric ramahatra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

hi Marty,

i followed exactly what you said and it's working great !
i had to do it few times because i turned the small screws too much "inner" and i had a lot of play. So adjusting those small screws the right place made everything ok.
My side to side knob is smooth now. Thanks everyone.

God, i had sometimes to use some tissue to turn it to avoid hurting my fingers !

BOXX

Wireless Video Systems

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC Electronics Solutions

SkyDreams