4 replies to this topic

#1 David Allen Grove

David Allen Grove

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 891 posts
  • Los Angeles, California,

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:49 AM

Nice Steadicam work on The Terminal. Saw it last night at the DGA. I saw Colin, Michael and Dan there. Did anyone else go?

They announced that 4 sercurity guys from Dreamworks would be watching us with night vision goggles to make sure no one records the movie.
I had to laugh, but I guess it's the world we live in now.

#2 Michael Stumpf

Michael Stumpf

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 491 posts
  • U.S.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:40 PM

And David, did you see that the two in front were just standing there...watching the movie??

Yes, George Billinger did a great job. The movie was a bit corny and highly unrealistic in many areas, but entertaining nonetheless. You just have to get over the overwhelming desire to want to adjust the color all the time, since Janusz shot the move using blues, and at times EXTREME yellow. For me, that was too distracting, and I didn't feel it added anything to the emotion of the film.

Great job on Tom's part, good supporting cast too.
Phenomonal set design.

#3 David Allen Grove

David Allen Grove

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 891 posts
  • Los Angeles, California,

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:10 PM

Yep, the two big guys in front... I think they cracked a smile when everyone started to chuckle!

My wife thought the flares were a little too distracting.. other than that, it was entertaining... worth the price of admission. Oh wait, it was a "FREEEEE" screening. ;)

Oh, and Micheal, I just read the ICG Mag. Thanks for letting me know about that. That was a feature I worked on in Malibu State Park. Heavy heavy camera... wasn't the most fun I've had on set and definityly the most dangerous I've worked on to date, but the crew was terrific.

#4 Marc_Abernathy

Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

hey guys,.

is there anything major about this movie that dreamworks needed guards there? was it some kind of breathaking cutting edge movie or is that how they do all new screenings out there in "hell a"? :lol:

#5 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:37 AM

hey guys,.

is there anything major about this movie that dreamworks needed guards there? was it some kind of breathaking cutting edge movie or is that how they do all new screenings out there in "hell a"?  :lol:

It was screened for the Union the day before it opened nationwide

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies

IDX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

SkyDreams

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech