BUZ Field Testing
Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:24 PM
The BarTech Universal Zoom (BUZ) field test prototype unit is ready to go out into the world and I am looking for volunteers. Here is the list of preference's in descending order of importance:
1. Located the LA area. No offense to my East Coast peeps but initially I want to be there to get the feedback first hand. You will get your turn next.
2. Access to gear (camera and zoom lenses) in a non-high pressure situation. If you are not working on a movie but have good contacts at a rental house that would be fine. I don't want to be doing our testing on a job where the Director is going to have a screaming fit if it doesn't work the way he thinks it should.
3. Available to do this next week (June 21-25). I have a brief lull while I am waiting for BFD circuit boards to come back for assembly and I don't want to waste it.
4. Preferably has a J-7 zoom control. I have a borrowed one (many Thanks to Alec Jarnagin!) but I would prefer to do this with somebody who has their own.
5. Experience zooming. Someone who could relate the BUZ to other zoom used before would be valuable.
6. Interested in purchasing one. I need to know if this is what you want and why/why not.
7. Steadicam operator preferred but not required. Jib & 1AC's welcome too.
8. Has a zoom motor, such as a M26T or ZMG-6.
So, if you meet any or all of the above criteria and want to be the first to play with a new toy e-mail or call me (562-987-9159). I'll buy lunch and beers afterward.
Jim "I want YOU!" Bartell
Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:14 AM
Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:49 AM
I've already promised Alec first dibs as soon as I get some field testing done out here. I've got one test lined up this week so far and one next week. After that I'll send it East.
We on the EAST COAST eagerly look forward to the buzz on the BUZ.
Jim "waiting patiently by the phone" Bartell
Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:41 PM
When it comes in, we'll all go over to Abel and do some tests running an actual zoom motor and then an M-1 focus motor.