• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eric ramahatra

eric ramahatra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

I went one week ago to L.A to buy a Flyer (special thanks to Fabrice Morel, i came from Paris so i had to ask a lot of questions before, but he was very helpful, took me at the airport, we had a good trip in L.A ... He also took lot of time to show me how to setup the Flyer from scratch, adjusting balance... it was really a half-day workshop :P . Thank you so much Fabrice, i will come back. ) to shot a wedding last saturday.
I've never used any steadicam except the Merlin before so it's sure there are lots of wrong things...

Better Quality.

My main problem is that i can't have full view of the monitor : the arm is hiding it half the way !
What's wrong ?

I also tried to used to flyer fully weighted with a redrock M2, a 35 and 85 f 1.4 nikon lens (heavy), the bartech receiver, and a drhd100 drive attached a the bottom part.
I had the bartech remote focus device attached on my chest and pulled the focus myself. I found it not difficult as i thought ! the worst thing was the weight, i couldn't hold it more than 10 minutes so i decided to remove all parts and just fly the camera without every 35mm accessories. I've done it for the whole day and didn't feel any back problem.

I also noticed that slow moves (steps) are more difficult than fast ones: it implies more vertical "bobbing". But this problem seems to be already discussed on another thread.

Comments are welcome

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Camera Motion Research

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery