• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Athens/Greece

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:29 AM

Really nice work there!!!kick ass.But in IMDB cant find the name of the operator...any1 knows who done this master work?

#2 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:14 AM

I believe Mike O'Shea has been on that show for the most part. Same fellow responsible for an entire episode of "Third Watch" shot in continuous uncut takes.

#3 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1776 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

Yes, the talented Mike O'Shea did the majority of the show but left for "Sex & The City" (the movie) and Peter Vietro-Hannum took over. Still haven't seen the show myself, but both those guys are good operators and very good people.

#4 Denny Kortze

Denny Kortze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 39 posts
  • Brooklyn, NY

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Mike O'Shea did everything but the last two or three episodes. Peter Vietro Hannum filled in when Mike left to do Sex in the City and Andy Casey did a few days when Mike bumped to 2nd unit DP or was unavailable. The camera we were using was a Sony 900 with a Zeiss Digizoom lens and Evertz Fiber optic back that delivered paitbox control, HD video feed and even power. In its shortest configuration the camera was about 3 feet long. If I remember right, the camera and sled alone were about 65+ pounds. Mike was tethered everytime with sometimes as many as 3 people wrangling the very long thick fiber optic line.

Denny Kortze
2nd Assistant Camera on "Damages"

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers