• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 panjoka

panjoka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

Hi, my name is Pilec ( :blink: ) and I have this unbelievable project of making my own stedicam . At home. By myself. I want to know if there are bearings placed in the arm between the joints in order to reduce friction. Are they necessary or not? It would be a lot easier for me to make steadicam without those bearings. But would the movements of the arm be enough smooth without bearings. What is the weight of the real stedicam (double)arm? What is the strength of the
spring (in kilograms) when in operation?

#2 Louis Puli SOC

Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Australia ,New Zealand

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:01 AM

Hi, my name is Pilec ( :blink: ) and I have this unbelievable project of making my own stedicam . At home. By myself. I want to know if there are bearings placed in the arm between the joints in order to reduce friction. Are they necessary or not? It would be a lot easier for me to make steadicam without those bearings. But would the movements of the arm be enough smooth without bearings. What is the weight of the real stedicam (double)arm? What is the strength of the
spring (in kilograms) when in operation?

Hi Pilec
If I was you I would go to www.homebuiltstabilizers.com/ You will find like minded people who have been there done that when it comes to making everything to do with making a camera stabilzer(arms ,vests,sleds of all shapes and sizers)
good luck
Louis Puli from down under B)

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

BOXX

SkyDreams