• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adam ward

adam ward

• Sustaining Members
  • 6 posts
  • new orleans

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:00 PM

Cases asside..anyone have tips on shipping the Back Stage stands with the large wheels? Going to Paris and need advice.
thanks guys.

#2 Lukas Franz

Lukas Franz

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 187 posts
  • Zurich, Switzerland

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hi Adam,

you mean the really heavy ones? I guess, you need to separate the parts of it and ship it individually.

Ask at the airport or a cargo company. But, I think it gets pretty expensive to ship to Europe.

Actually, I'm shure there are backstage stands in Paris too. Why not rent locally? My thought...

Lukas

#3 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

Is it a stand or a cart? I flew a couple weeks ago and just took the wheels off my stand and put them in a case and checked the stand.

#4 adam ward

adam ward

• Sustaining Members
  • 6 posts
  • new orleans

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:05 PM

Is it a stand or a cart? I flew a couple weeks ago and just took the wheels off my stand and put them in a case and checked the stand.

It's the stand...thank guys. Your advice is appreciated.

#5 Lawrence Karman

Lawrence Karman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:48 AM

Cases asside..anyone have tips on shipping the Back Stage stands with the large wheels? Going to Paris and need advice.
thanks guys.

They make a plastic golf club shipping tube with wheels buiilt in. It is actually triangular, like the tripod cases. Under $100 at Roger Dunn. (They used to carry them, it's been a while since I bought mine) Stand fits in and I think you may be able to fit the wheels around it. You can borrow mine if you really need one.

More importantly, you got a job in Paris? How'd you do that? Or maybe you are going for fun and like to travel with your stand?

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Teradek

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC