#1 Dmitry Mikhaylov

Dmitry Mikhaylov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:28 AM

Hi.
I'm new here and in cinema.
I wonder which one is better in complete(vest, arm, post). Tiffen Steadicam, Baer-Bel, Artemis-Schatler.
Thanks a lot for answers...

#2 Charles King

Charles King

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 343 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

Hi.
I'm new here and in cinema.
I wonder which one is better in complete(vest, arm, post). Tiffen Steadicam, Baer-Bel, Artemis-Schatler.
Thanks a lot for answers...

I'm going to give you a quick answer here. One of the reasons you haven't gotten any response is that this question has been asked to death on this forum and the members are quite tired answering the same question 6000 times over. ;) Just do a search on this forum and see some of the answers that pop up.

Now, I'll answer this one for you. It all depends what you're after and your budget, of course. But Judging by the three you have listed I would go for the Steadicam brand, if you the best of the three. Now this is based on my opinion. There are pros and cons and all depends on what system you're interested in and the criteria you are aiming for. If money is no object than go for the Steadicam brand. Will you be doing HD, film ,small dv cameras then you have to way your options and see what each individual system has to offer for the price range you're aiming for. So again, do a search and see what has already been mentioned.

If you are can make it to the IBC in Amsterdam this weekend then you can try all those systems and see what fits you and your pocket. Hope this helps. :) Good luck.

Edited by Charles King, 07 September 2007 - 01:04 PM.

#3 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:23 PM

Charles,

Thanks for answering this AGAIN!!!!!

To "Ruski," welcome to the forum. Please search the archives before posting such a general question. Also, please change your "display name" to you real name - not only is it a polite thing to do, it is our policy and pretty much the only way around here to get people to answer your questions.

Many thanks and good luck!

#4 Dmitry Mikhaylov

Dmitry Mikhaylov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:03 AM

Really sorry. I couldn't find info about complete. Just found about arm. I will search better.

#5 Charles King

Charles King

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 343 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:55 AM

This is a link to a write up I did about the different rigs. Take a look, it might help you start off on the right track. also, read the rest of the thread. At the bottom of that very thread there is a part two write as well. Just something to think about:

http://hbsboard.com/...9.html#msg22999

Edited by Charles King, 08 September 2007 - 05:57 AM.

Engineered Cinema Solutions

SkyDreams

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Teradek

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications