• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Craig Kovatch

Craig Kovatch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

I see on the Steadicam website that the Panasonic AG-HVX200 is near the top of the weight range for the Merlin and the Pilot. Is this really an issue for either unit? Or is the Flyer more suited for this camera? What about using additional lenses? Would that put the weight over the top?

Thanks

#2 Jeff Blugrind

Jeff Blugrind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

I see on the Steadicam website that the Panasonic AG-HVX200 is near the top of the weight range for the Merlin and the Pilot. Is this really an issue for either unit? Or is the Flyer more suited for this camera? What about using additional lenses? Would that put the weight over the top?

Thanks

I had an oppertunity to use the Pilot prototype for a week. I used it with my HVX200, shotgun mic and fisheye lens without any problem. I am new to the Steadicam world but Charles Papert and Ron Baldwin tried flying my HVX on the Pilot and made some amazing shots after they showed me how to balance it correctly.

I also tried it with the shotgun mic and a 1.5lb wireless mic receiver mounted on the right side of the HVX with a metal bracket. If felt really nice with the extra weight but I did need to use the screw-on weights to balance it.

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

SkyDreams

Paralinx LLC

IDX

Omnishot Systems

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies