My first steadycam. Recomendation.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jariscano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

Hi, I'm new in the forum. I made myself a home made steadycam and it works a treat although it has a lateral shaking. I can´t expect it to be perfect since it is homemade!! I'm starting to produce corporate videos and we have to make a documentary and I want take good smooth shots without it shaking. (as if it was on a dolly). I saw some videos using a steady and I know that it depends on the operator to take good shots. Well, anyway, I decided invest in a "real" steadycam. I'm starting out and I havent a lot of money but i don´t want to waste my money in a bad choice.

Could anybody recommend me a good steadycam? I have the dvx100 and I am planning to buy a hvx200 or similar (cameras that don´t weigh too much), probably in a couple of month´s time i'll buy an 35mm adapter for these cameras.

I'm interested in a glidecam 4000 pro with the smooth shooter but i'm reading a lot of bad comments about this steadycam and i dont know what to do.

I await your recommendations.

Thanks in advance to everybody.

#2 Philip J. Martinez SOC

Philip J. Martinez SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 253 posts
  • New York, NY

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

Hi Jariscano,

I think it will be hard to find an other rig in that price range. However you should look at the Steadicam pilot it is more expensive but it comes with a monitor.

I believe if you want to use the 35MM adaptor you will need a larger rig. A Steadicam Flyer, Artemis DV pro, or Glidecam V-25.

Good luck!

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems