Photo

Where to get rugged foam custom work in LA?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

I have a custom cut foam insert for my all my goodies in a Pelican using the included Pelican foam. I had this done by Foam Mart in Burbank. Problem is, it's falling apart pretty quick. Assuming they don't have the more rugged stuff I'm looking for, anyone have a suggestion?

Dan

#2 Joshua Harrison

Joshua Harrison

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 127 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

I have a custom cut foam insert for my all my goodies in a Pelican using the included Pelican foam. I had this done by Foam Mart in Burbank. Problem is, it's falling apart pretty quick. Assuming they don't have the more rugged stuff I'm looking for, anyone have a suggestion?

Dan

try Master Cases at 818-896-9333 and talk to Charley. I'm very pleased with the one case they did for me.

Joshua Harrison

#3 Matt Petrosky

Matt Petrosky

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 190 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:56 AM

Maybe also try Carlos at Innerspace, he did an excellent job on a couple of cases for me. Talk to Erwin though, he's had some problems of late.

#4 Ari Gertler

Ari Gertler

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 113 posts
  • Santa Monica, California USA

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

Could any of you post some photos of the custom foam work that you have done.
Ari Gertler

Edited by Ari Gertler, 17 August 2007 - 08:53 PM.

#5 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

Dan

-----------------
Hey Dan,
Recently just did three Storm Cases, got the electric carving knife $20 and the spray on foam glue $8.95 and all the layers of foam and had at it . . .so far so good but not as easy as I hoped. I'll send photo's when I get back into town Sunday or Monday.

Happy Carving

#6 MarkKaravite

MarkKaravite

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 332 posts
  • Detroit, Chicago, New York

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

I'd give a big thumbs up to Innerspace. It's tough not living in LA, because you want the case maker to personally measure the gear for the foam.

This spring I was prepping a pilot at Panavision Hollywood. Carlos came to prep, measured my gear, and then delivered the finished sled case to the Disney lot a week and 1/2 later. Great craftsmenship, even better service and a very fair price.

I'm curious to hear if anyone has had problems with them, because this is the 5th or 6th case from Innerspace, and never a bad thing. Erwin must buy hundreds of cases, so maybe the odds just caught up with him :rolleyes:

Mark

#7 Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 507 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

Phone number and address for Innerspace? Tried searching online but too many other Innerspace's.

Same with Master Cases. I called the number but nobody answered.

Dan

#8 Matt Petrosky

Matt Petrosky

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 190 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:46 PM

Phone number and address for Innerspace? Tried searching online but too many other Innerspace's.

Innerspace... last time I went there was a year ago though.

11555 Cantara Street, Unit I
North Hollywood, CA 91605

818-767-3030

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

IDX

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

BOXX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

SkyDreams