#1 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:46 AM

Hey everybody,

Just a quick note that I wanted everyone to see before Cinegear. When I was at NAB this year I had a chance to play with the NEW MK-V V2 Gimbal and I have to say it's the best Gimbal that I have EVER Flown. SUPER smooth, zero friction and ZERO play in ANY axis. Very nice tool free adjuster and it's designed for a 2" post so it's universal.

Howard and his team have really done their homework and built something special with this new Gimbal.

The usual disclaimer "I don't work for Howard but DAMN this is a NICE gimbal"

Eric Fletcher

#2 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 07 June 2004 - 03:39 AM

So finally more manufacturer are seeing the merit of the 2" post.

XCS beeing the first so after Chrosziel and Bear-Bel, MK-V is the 4th manufacturer to join in...

I have been using a 2" post and the 2" Gimbal that has to come along with it for about a year now and I can't say that I miss my old 1,5" one... Every time I try a rig with 1.5" post it feels like a toy in comparison... so tiny.

I must say that I don't care much for any of the Handle design of the other guys but the XCS one.
The pistol grip from Bear-Bel... neah... And the MK-V is way to long for my liking...

But talking about things to see at CineGear...

I have seen the Nexus Rig pop up in the last couple of weeks here in LA... is that the indication that we will see the Alien Revolution pop up as well to round up the new design from MK-V?

All the changes on the rig...
- 2" post
- 2" Gimbal
- Nexus Battery system

Will that lead to:

- Alien Revolution add on?

Let me know if you will have it at CineGear, I would like to try it with my rig, which would be a better way to see the improvements.... and direct comparison with what I work on a daily base, also it comes closer to the Alien Prototype...

See ya all on Friday.

Erwin "Just curious" Landau, SOC

#3 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 261 posts
  • London

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:42 AM

Hi Howard,

Will the new Gimbal be as easy to field service as the XCS gimbal?

rebotnix Technologies

Camera Motion Research

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech